Pool light plastics repair question

BlueNote99

Sep 14, 2022
Toronto Canada
My Hawyard Universal ColorLogic LED Pool Light plastics have broken around the hole where the fastening screw goes (picture below).

The light is pretty old (like 5-6 years) but still works great. The clear plastics seem very brittle right now, not sure if that is how it was made or from long term exposure.

Either way can anyone tell me if there is a DIY way to repair this so I can squeeze out some more nightly lumens from this overpriced light fixture?

I was thinking glue but worried that super glue would just break down under water.
I was also thinking of somehow glueing/bonding it back on with brackets made of stainless steel or some such but I am an accountant by trade so what do I know.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_2449.jpeg

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: I don't know if there's a good (reliable) DIY method to keep that broken piece back on. Once you try to tighten it back to the pool, the stress may just snap it back off. But perhaps there is a suitable product out there that I'm not thinking of at the moment. :scratch: Hopefully others will see this thread and reply with some options. Thanks for posting and using the forum. :swim:

Obviously, the warranty claim would be a home run but if that doesn't pan out I have had some good luck with flex seal glue for underwater repairs. This stuff can even be applied underwater. Diffidently worth a shot for 20 bucks a tube. Good luck.

My Hawyard Universal ColorLogic LED Pool Light plastics have broken around the hole where the fastening screw goes (picture below).

The light is pretty old (like 5-6 years) but still works great. The clear plastics seem very brittle right now, not sure if that is how it was made or from long term exposure.

Either way can anyone tell me if there is a DIY way to repair this so I can squeeze out some more nightly lumens from this overpriced light fixture?

I was thinking glue but worried that super glue would just break down under water.
I was also thinking of somehow glueing/bonding it back on with brackets made of stainless steel or some such but I am an accountant by trade so what do I know.

Any help appreciated.

View attachment 453202

Plast-aid 80100 Plastic Repair Kit 1.5 Ounce 80100​

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.