Pool light out

What kind of pool light? A fancy LED or an old school incandescent in a fixture? Any pictures?

I'll bet it's in your wheelhouse - as long as it's a good old-fashioned incandescent light of some sort. Take it out of the pool and look for any identifying stickers on the outside of it. Don't open it up unless you are prepared to replace the gasket and/or keep it out of the pool until you get the parts for it. The bulbs are pretty inexpensive and the gaskets are reasonable. When you repair it/replace the bulb, be sure to also get a new gasket and put some lubricant on it to keep it water-tight. Search YouTube for videos on replacing bulbs in pool light fixtures - there are a ton of them - so you can see what you are in for. Note that the procedure for replacing a bad LED fixture can be a bit more involved....

As long as the lamp and niche are all in good shape, it should be a fairly easy job. Took me about 30 minutes the first time but I was also going very slowly and methodically.

It is an old-school incandescent light in a fixture. I will look at the YouTube videos. I checked the breakers on the pools control box, which seemed OK.
If it is just the bulb (most likely), be sure to also replace the lens gasket, regardless of how good the old may appear. If possible, get a silicone gasket and it won't have to be replaced again.
Also, try to find an LED replacement bulb.

Greser,

Pool lights need some kind of GFCI protection..

It could be a GFCI breaker which is pretty easy to see when popped. But, it could also be a GFCI outlet if you have one attached to your control box. Unless you are using the outlet for something else, you would never know the GFCI is popped.

Do you know how your pool light is GFCI protected??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.