Pool light faceplate

Good question! I just looked at our papers from the company that installed the pool and all it says is "300 watt standard light". My husband was planning trying to remove it later tonight to take a closer look. What kind of electrical problem?

jmlodin said:
Good question! I just looked at our papers from the company that installed the pool and all it says is "300 watt standard light". My husband was planning trying to remove it later tonight to take a closer look. What kind of electrical problem?

Usually improper grounding or a missing or loose neutral.

The information about the brand is American Products Pool Light

AMP78434100 Light

AMP78232400 Niche

AJGMT300 Transformer

We just removed the light and there was SO much black gunk that just came floating into the pool. It is also all over the back of the light and the niche looks totally lined with gunk. Any ideas??

Attachments

• DSCN0391.jpg
    DSCN0391.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0392.jpg
    DSCN0392.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 57
That looks like either a low pH condition over an extended period or, as was mentioned earlier, an electrical issue such as a bad ground or neutral. Note the extent of the pitted metal parts. That leads me to consider a low pH condition as the more likely culprit.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.