Pool Light (1/3) not receiving power

bman5523

Mar 27, 2021
florida
Hey, so i just bought some new LED lights for my pool (2 lights) to replace the dead existing ones, but when installing it seems one of them doesn't want to turn on.
it seems that when we hit the "Pool lights on: button only one of the lights is turning on. I have tested the terminals in the light themselves while the lights are on (one off one on) and it is not getting any power at all. All of the lights are hooked to the same relay and i cant seem to find where the problem is, any help would be appreciated! if anyone needs clarification on anything let me know.

Welcome to TFP.

What model are your LED lights?

They 12V or 120V lights?

What automation system do you have?

You do a continuity check on the light wires using a multimeter?

B,

Lights can be wired several different ways depending on the lights, so as Allen points out we need to know if you are sending 120 volts to the lights or 12 volts..

Do the cables from the lights actually come into your automation system? They look more like round extension cord rather than electrical wires.

Often, the wires from the lights go to a junction box located near the lights, and those junctions boxes are then connected back to the automation, or a transformer if using low voltage lights.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.