Pool leaking 2 inches a day

I refilled the pool still leaking 1 inch
When the pump is off the suction line in the skimmer is pulling dry into it
So i guess its is also leaking in the skimmer suction line? If so, Does fix a leak work? Any advise?

I refilled the pool still leaking 1 inch
When the pump is off the suction line in the skimmer is pulling dry into it
So i guess its is also leaking in the skimmer suction line? If so, Does fix a leak work? Any advise?
Can you explain what’s going on with the skimmer? Looks like there’s a typo maybe.

Well i found that the main drains are leaking I plugged them but still there is a leak .
I did the dye test on the skimmer suction lines and its leaking
What to do
Are you able to shut off the skimmers at the pad to isolate the underground pipes from the pad? That might help you narrow it down.

Someone mentioned a leak detection company and I want to echo that. Had a similar issue with pool dropping at least an inch or more every two days. Hired a company and they found small holes in the liner at various areas. I think you have that and the drain leaks but it’s worth the leak company unless you have a lot of free time and patience.
Leaks will drive you nuts and they could be anywhere and everywhere.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Someone mentioned a leak detection company and I want to echo that. Had a similar issue with pool dropping at least an inch or more every two days. Hired a company and they found small holes in the liner at various areas. I think you have that and the drain leaks but it’s worth the leak company unless you have a lot of free time and patience.
Leaks will drive you nuts and they could be anywhere and everywhere.
So is it normal that the dye is sucked into the pipe in the skimmer when pump is off?

So is it normal that the dye is sucked into the pipe in the skimmer when pump is off?
Depends on gravity and where your equipment is in relation to the pool. You might just have a bad shut off valve, (those valves tend to get harder to move over time but not sure about leaking).

I put the fix a leak to skimmers waited two days while pump off
1) it didnt fix it skimmer ar still leaking, suction still low, i dont see any cracks visible so i assume its down in the pipe, anyway to fix it?
2) now i have green algae , i shocked it still algea comes next morning even when the pumps are running off skimmer

My phosphate was high i guess i will get a phosphate remover any suggestions!

You need more chlorine if there’s algae, phosphate remover is not necessary. Are you testing the water yourself yet?

I’d recommend a leak detection company if you can find one, leaks that bad can cause a lot of damage

I used a leak company and now the pool is not leaking anymore
However when he saw the wrinkles at the bottom he said it would be good to reinstall the vinyl

I believe that would cost another 1500 $

The wrinkles happened in june21D5DF7F-0275-4085-9750-89DBD36D6EFD.jpeg
If I delay this would that cause vinyl leaks or other problems or can this wait

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.