Pool help needed

sour

Aug 14, 2023
Dallas
My pool issue is the my vacuum gage at the filter norm runs 20psi, last few weeks I will drop to 10psi after running ~20min, 10min if robot is connected and won't recover unless I turn the pump off ,open basket top then reinstall and restart. Some symtoms are like a impeller problem but the why is the return pressure side outflow chlorine tablet holder is show signs of bloating and basket cracking at impeller side of the pump.I have had the lines tested for leaks, pressure tested and blown out. When I turn off it sounds like a lid just shut. Pump does sit higher than the pool could there be a check valve in the main line. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230812_160225.jpg
    20230812_160225.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230812_160246.jpg
    20230812_160246.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 6
When pump shuts off you hear the automatic air bleed check ball dropping in the assembly atop your Hayward filter. That is a pressure gauge, not vacuum. As long as you are moving a good amount of water, 10psig is a good reading. Higher pressure = less flow. Be sure there are no cracks in a cartridge or the filter manifold.

If you are going to use tablets, it is best to put them in a floating dispenser in the pool. Inline/offline feeders like yours do nothing except cause issues when the pump is off. They were designed for commercial pools where they have long filtration cycles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.