Pool heater

NJpool82

Jun 5, 2020
North New Jersey
Hello, I am having an AGP installed in 2 weeks and will be running electrical and adding hard-plumbing for the connections to pump/filter, swg. Pool is 18' round saltwater compatible. I will run a circupool RJ30 SWG. We live in north NJ and I hope to get some swimming in late may and late september. Should I install a heat pump like the Raypak 62 btu one or will a Dome Pool solar heater suffice (will use solar blaket with both)? I am concerned about cost and corrosion from salt, but need to make decision now since the heat pump can use the same electrical trench. Also do I need to ask installer to add sacrificial anode inside the plumbing or is this done by electrician?

Welcome to TFP.

A heat pump will give you more reliable heating then solar in our area. But you will need to run your pump and HP a good bit of the day. A 62K HP will heat your 8,000 gallon pool about a degree an hour.

If you have a saltwater compatible pool then what are you looking to protect from corrosion with the sacrificial anode? I don't think they are needed with modern pool equipment.

Welcome to TFP.

A heat pump will give you more reliable heating then solar in our area. But you will need to run your pump and HP a good bit of the day. A 62K HP will heat your 8,000 gallon pool about a degree an hour.

If you have a saltwater compatible pool then what are you looking to protect from corrosion with the sacrificial anode? I don't think they are needed with modern pool equipment.
Thanks for the response. I am very excited to join the pool crowd. I don’t mind that rate of heat as long as I can get 6-7 degrees on a 70 degree day at season open. I just watched this guy and he made a lot of sense. The pool wall is still steel. Plus a sacrificial anode cost nothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.