Pool Heater Help

Nick's Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2014
Naples, FL
Good morning,

My current water heater (Aqua Cal SQ110) has finally had it's day after 10 years. I am in the market for a new heater. Will probably stick with Aqua Cal. My question is, I am not sure what size I really need. I live in SW FL and I am wondering if I can get a way with the smaller unit if my pool is approximately 7500 gallons? The difference in cost is about $1000. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. Nick A.

Size and Type : IGP, 7500 Gallons
Finish: Wet Edge Satin Matrix Finish (pebble), Cartridge: Unicel Model C-8409, 12 PSi, Pump: Pentair 342001, SuperFlo vs Var Speed 1.5HP, 115/ 208-230V. Pool Date Remodel: May 2009, Accessories: SWG Auto Pilot DNP2 Nano 220V, RC28 Manifold, Rock Waterfall

It really depends what you expect from your heater in cooler temperatures. A higher BTU HP can get your pool to your desired temperature at times when a lower BTU HP cannot. It depends what matters to you.

Pentair has a Heat Pump Calculator to determine the appropriate size Heat Pump for your location. Pentair seems to do honest calculations based on the physics and efficiencies of each type of pump and energy source.

To get the most accurate cost comparison you should change the default electric kwh, natural gas price, and propane price to actual prices in your area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.