Aug 16, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey All -

I have an issue with my electric heater. I had a FLO issue a couple months back that I fixed myself by troubleshooting the hayward data pad and the heater. We had a power outage last night, and now the FLO issue is back, even after I applied the same fix to make sure the data pad is showing 100 degrees, while setting the temp at 95 on the actual heater itself. The pool water is at 87 degrees, and the heater isn't running. So it's one of two things.

1. The power outage triggered something that disconnected the heater unit from the hayward data pad.
2. The temperature dropping below 50 degrees is triggering a potential FLO issue, although I have not seen this happen before even in sub 50 degree temps.

Our pool is covered so the heat stays in fairly well. But the pump should be running right now and it's not. I'm curious if the FLO message is common in colder weather, or if this is more likely due to the power outage. The heater was running just fine prior to the power outage last night. I've backwashed, pressure is normal, and the filter is running at a high enough speed to get water to the heater.

Thanks for any insight!

What is the Hayward data pad?

I do not see a pump model listed in your signature?

What model Hayward Heat Pump? Update your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.