Pool green

Green usually means algae, although in some cases it could also be iron related. Let's start with a few questions:
- Are you on a well?
- How do you normally chlorinate the water?
- Where are those test results from? Pool store?
- Do you use pool store products in the water?
- Can you post a pic of the water?

Let's start there and we'll help you as we go.

Green usually means algae, although in some cases it could also be iron related. Let's start with a few questions:
- Are you on a well?
- How do you normally chlorinate the water?
- Where are those test results from? Pool store?
- Do you use pool store products in the water?
- Can you post a pic of the water?

Let's start there and we'll help you as we go.

im not on well water
I use 15% sodium hypochlorite
Test results are from pool store but I also tested with 5 way test kit and strip test.
I usually don’t use anything but borax baking soda and bleach. I use Muriatic acid if ph gets out of whack.

Attachments

• 406B643E-FA6F-4BB4-AABF-BB15030E6A3D.jpeg
    406B643E-FA6F-4BB4-AABF-BB15030E6A3D.jpeg
    676 KB · Views: 12
  • 6743DFA4-67D8-4037-A91C-6ED817D8EFCA.jpeg
    6743DFA4-67D8-4037-A91C-6ED817D8EFCA.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 12
im not on well water
I use 15% sodium hypochlorite
Test results are from pool store but I also tested with 5 way test kit and strip test.
I usually don’t use anything but borax baking soda and bleach. I use Muriatic acid if ph gets out of whack.
And thanks this forum is great because of people like you

Attachments

• F913379B-740E-4C53-A500-2F43CCC02263.jpeg
    F913379B-740E-4C53-A500-2F43CCC02263.jpeg
    676 KB · Views: 6
  • 24B8B61F-D9BF-438F-B01F-507D5A2DEF05.jpeg
    24B8B61F-D9BF-438F-B01F-507D5A2DEF05.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 6
Wow, that is an incredibly green pool. It's got a bit of a shine to it which is why I wanted to know if there was any chance of iron (from a well) or even copper (from algaecides). But if not, we can move-froward with the assumption it's algae and you need to follow the SLAM Process. My biggest concern now is the testing and you are on a tight timeline. You must looking to close within the month right? Keep in mind pool store testing is very unreliable and can't help for the SLAM Process. Test strips are horrible, and 5-way kits only give you a general FC level - usually 5 or less. To conduct the SLAM Process, you will need a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Testing accuracy is very important at this point. But look over the SLAM Process page the TF-100 links in my signature and let us know if you have any questions about either one. We'll be happy to help.

Again, it may just be algae, but because that green is so bright, I need to ask this question. Is there ANY chance your pH was low over time, or that your heater core may be bad? A bad heater core can allow copper to be released into the water and cause a similar looking color to the water. You might want to take a look at the heater to be sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.