Pool flooded with mud and mulch after severe storms

mckinneymagnum

Oct 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
So we had another spring storm here in North Texas this past Monday night and I woke up Tuesday morning to a beautiful tan colored pool :) What's the best way to get this baby back under control? I have never had this much silt / dirt in my pool. I just cleaned the cartridge filter, brushed down the floor as much as possible based on being 'blinded' by the muddy water, I have the pumps running non-stop and the Dolphin robot is working the bottom. My plan is to keep cleaning the filter and manually vacuuming until it's gone. Any other tips or tricks?IMG_9301.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Casey
It could always be worse ..... Hang in there!

full

• Wow
Reactions: KJB1
Dang.... sorry your pool was wrecked. Just SLAM it. I would let it settle for a coue days during the SLAM n see if you can blind net stuff off the bottom. If you're not picking up big mulch pieces in the net, start vacuuming the pool.

I've found the robot is not much use at that dirt level. The suction gets clogged with muck too fast for it to do much good. I use a Big Sucker type leaf vacuum and run the pumps until most of the big stuff is gone, then get the robot in to clean up the dirt.

I've found the robot is not much use at that dirt level. The suction gets clogged with muck too fast for it to do much good. I use a Big Sucker type leaf vacuum and run the pumps until most of the big stuff is gone, then get the robot in to clean up the dirt.
@crusemm I currently only have a robot vacuum and it "plugs" into the bottom of the skimmer (so I just remove the basket when the robot is in use). If I bought this vacuum you showed or similar, would I "plug" it into the same area as the robot?

@crusemm I currently only have a robot vacuum and it "plugs" into the bottom of the skimmer (so I just remove the basket when the robot is in use). If I bought this vacuum you showed or similar, would I "plug" it into the same area as the robot?
No, the big sucker attaches to a garden hose. You hook the hose to the side of the sucker, and it creates a jet that blows up into the net. When you run it along the bottom, it creates a vacuum effect along the bottom edge (like a weir door) that sucks dirt and debris into the net. Small stuff will usually blow through the net, but bigger stuff like leaves and seed pods will stay inside. It's really good for getting a lot of leaves and gunk out of the pool.

Reactions: NicoleIvy2004

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.