Pool finish and need your advise....thks

Super...........I see the setting is set to "receive instant email". Look in your junk mail please. :(

That tile will be fun to pick through and find all of the really pretty pieces to put in "highlight" spots around the pools. The REALLY pretty ones go where they eye falls first when looking at the pool.

Kim :cat:

Twink my pleasure, just guys let me know what pics you want. Right now the pool is getting re-bar added, not sure that is something you are interested.

Their are too school of thought on this extremely natural marble. One is to hand pick them which is a huge job and very expensive (already very expensive install), the other is to literally pick them random, one from each pallete to get a natural look. What you guys think, I have not made up my mind yet on this but willing to do both at this point. As always the project is over budget. I am also building next to my pool an 675 sq feet In law quarters where my father will live. The apartment will have a steam room and a covered entertainment area with and out door fire place, below that I am building an outdoor kitchen under a 16.x22/ pergola. SO YOU CAN IMAGINE IT IS OVER BUDGET ALREADY LOL. If you all would like to see pic's of that I will also provide when ready. The structure (In law quarters) is a green house not made out of cement but SIP (structural insulated panels). I will see if I can send you a rendition for you to get the idea. I am very excited but a bit overwhelmed. I run 4 businesses and 7 member family :) God as blessed us and we will share with you all. If anyone has answers to above question please advise. We are now thinking about the sun self depth. Thank you

I would randomly take from each pallet for the marble. You can always reject the piece if you think it's too dark, too light, etc. I think this would give you a natural look. Sometimes dark shades are all in one pallet, lights in another.

And if you find an exceptional piece, you can always save it and place it where it would be highlighted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great; I would guess the first pic is of the pool and the following pics are of the building with just a random/generic pool added in. What is the orientation of your pool? Ours is on the west side of our house and it greatly affects the amount and direction of shade provided by rooflines and umbrellas. We are looking at Jewelscapes for our pool remodel; first quote was $15k for just the surface without any decking or tile.

Hello I will add pictures, been crazy busy. Our pool faces West and yes that was a generic pool layout. I am NOT happy with the jewelscape warrantee and most likely will change to beadcrete pebble tech unless I get bad input from you guys. I understand they have life time warrantee verus 5 yrs only. I am going out of town on business so I will have to wait till back but will keep you all posted.

Here are some pic's its not perfect and will change a few things. Free form and irregular was our idea. For example after my warning they still placed a skimmer in the wrong place and put in the stairs, we also have to make the spa oval as designed and will address it with plaster and tile setting. etc
swim out bench 9'
grotto/cave location

BY the way plz pm me if you post. Still not getting emails on posts. I have to chk manually and forget lol

- - - Updated - - -

Kim you have no idea!! I tell them verbally and in writing via email. This is crazy its organized chaos basically. I could never run my businesses this way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.