Pool factory

Great company to deal with, I love my new pool (15'x30'x54" Saltwater LX Oval Pool | 15' x 30' Oval Pools). I actually installed it myself which wasn’t to difficult, the hard part was getting the ground completly level. I have called them many times with a variety of questions, sometimes having to leave a message which they returned my phone calls very quickly. Special thanks to Tom there, he’s great. ?

Thanks,
We have an existing pool that failed during 30 plus below temps so we have sand pad in place.
Which type of liner is best to go with, overlap pver the top or the uni bead that hooks on.

I bought from them and everything was delivered and any concerns we had were addressed immediately.

The pool isn't even unboxed yet, but as has been said, their support is excellent.

Colossal waste of time and a daily frustration. Let me preface this with my husband is a process engineer and I am a nurse so we have decades of experience trying to figure complicated poorly arranged instructions. We got the 15’ round salt pool.
Instructions/videos: Manufacturer directions that come with some of the parts do not line up with pool factory directions. It does not help that you get only general directions, rather than directions specific to the pool you purchased. There’s very few pictures, meaning you have to figure out what part they are referring to. There are videos but you have to watch continually until it comes to the part you are addressing and searching these videos out takes a while.

Packaging: You get a huge amount of boxes you have to continually go through to locate parts. At one point we didn’t have enough screws so we checked the inventory. It said “one bag of screws” so ... They will definitely replace it but then you’re talking about yet another delay.

Singling out some issues: the service panel, which is part of the pool wall. We installed this and the next day my husband realized the PF had packed it BACKWARDS with the pool wall. This meant the curvature was completely opposite the curvature of the pool wall so the panel had to be removed. Then we had to get it to the proper curvature before reinstalling.
Pool foam - One set of directions said put it under the pool cove. A different set of directions said above the pool cove. Service guy said to do both!!
The staff answering your call is always friendly and helpful but not 24/7 and it’s a pain knowing with every step you’re going to have to make a call. We work on it at night and have to stop when we get to the part where we look at each other to say “well we’ll have to wait till the service line is open before we can go any further. Again.“

I was shopping at Walmart yesterday and saw a Coleman 22’52” depth above ground pool complete with filter, pump, cover etc. Clearance for $600. Some lucky family will get THAT pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: cj133
Colossal waste of time and a daily frustration. Let me preface this with my husband is a process engineer and I am a nurse so we have decades of experience trying to figure complicated poorly arranged instructions. We got the 15’ round salt pool.
Instructions/videos: Manufacturer directions that come with some of the parts do not line up with pool factory directions. It does not help that you get only general directions, rather than directions specific to the pool you purchased. There’s very few pictures, meaning you have to figure out what part they are referring to. There are videos but you have to watch continually until it comes to the part you are addressing and searching these videos out takes a while.

Packaging: You get a huge amount of boxes you have to continually go through to locate parts. At one point we didn’t have enough screws so we checked the inventory. It said “one bag of screws” so that releases them from any responsibility if you don’t have enough screws.

Singling out some issues: the service panel, which is part of the pool wall. We installed this and the next day my husband realized the PF had packed it BACKWARDS with the pool wall. This meant the curvature was completely opposite the curvature of the pool wall so the panel had to be removed. Then we had to get it to the proper curvature before reinstalling.
Pool foam - One set of directions said put it under the pool cove. A different set of directions said above the pool cove. Service guy said to do both!!
The staff answering your call is always friendly and helpful but not 24/7 and it’s a pain knowing with every step you’re going to have to make a call. We work on it at night and have to stop when we get to the part where we look at each other to say “well we’ll have to wait till the service line is open before we can go any further. Again.“

I was shopping at Walmart yesterday and saw a Coleman 22’52” depth above ground pool complete with filter, pump, cover etc. Clearance for $600. Some lucky family will get THAT pool.

I had an Intex with an upgraded Intex filter and it was great for the money, but not near as good as an actual rigid wall pool with a good filter setup.

Yes the instructions were terrible, I can't agree more but I also wouldn't go back to a "temporary" pool either.

I'd probably hire someone to come install a Doughboy if I had to do it again. But fact is it did get installed and it does do the job so the end result was good.

The other issue is while the instructions were terrible and the packages were a mess it's the only one I've delt with so for all I know they're all the same.

Reactions: GoshenPool
All above ground pool instructions are better purposed for eliminating oneself and clean up. For people who want to do this, you have to fly by the seat of your pants and research, research, research every above ground pool installation video you can find on the world wide web and you'll still be left scratching your head at some point of the install.

Reactions: cj133
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.