Pool equipment pad panel / paneling

Hoster

Silver Supporter
May 27, 2016
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Need to replace the panels - see pic. The old one (previous homeowner) is rather heavy and may also absorb sound / pump noise. Not sure where I can get these or just install plywood panels from Home Depot or something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

20230217_115055.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to replace the panels - see pic. The old one (previous homeowner) is rather heavy and may also absorb sound / pump noise. Not sure where I can get these or just install plywood panels from Home Depot or something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The way that's torn, it almost looks like it was some kind of masonry product (like hardy plank or something similar to that), which would probably muffle pump noise better than just wood.

Some composite or vinyl fence panels might serve the same purpose, and would be lighter. Might also absorb sound a little better than wood, too?

Interesting topic to me- I ripped out a bunch of shrubs around my equipment and AC units and am pondering how to block the view with something architectural, too.

Reactions: Hoster
The old one (previous homeowner) is rather heavy and may also absorb sound / pump noise
No doubt nice and waterlogged.
Not sure where I can get these or just install plywood panels from Home Depot or something?
HD/Lowes/etc had the exact same lattice panels for $30 each.

It's probably a good idea to start with new 4x4s and top rails too.

Keep us posted.

*edit. I now see the busted panels, I thought it was just the busted lattice because the front panel has seen better days. No idea what they are. Hang tight for thoughts. :)

Reactions: Hoster
No doubt nice and waterlogged.

HD/Lowes/etc had the exact same lattice panels for $30 each.

It's probably a good idea to start with new 4x4s and top rails too.

Keep us posted.

*edit. I now see the busted panels, I thought it was just lattice. No idea what they are. Hang tight for thoughts. :)
Thanks and a great advice. I was hoping to keep the lattice panels and place some kind of "panel" over the lattice panel. The current set up is "ok" just the pump noise is louder (for the neighbor :) ) Will inspect when the weather gets warmer here in NJ.

Reactions: Newdude
The way that's torn, it almost looks like it was some kind of masonry product (like hardy plank or something similar to that), which would probably muffle pump noise better than just wood.

Some composite or vinyl fence panels might serve the same purpose, and would be lighter. Might also absorb sound a little better than wood, too?

Interesting topic to me- I ripped out a bunch of shrubs around my equipment and AC units and am pondering how to block the view with something architectural, too.
Make it pretty :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.