Pool Draining When Pump On

jk03

Mar 19, 2018
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey all,

Just purchased a home with a pool that I've been trying to familiarize myself with. I spent this weekend figuring through trial and error what each of the blue and black valves controlled. So far this is what I think I figured out.

1 - Suction Dedicated vacuum line (open)
2 - Suction Skimmer (open)
3 - Suction from circular cap at the bottom of the deep end (slightly open)
4 - Return for jet at center of pool (open)
5 - Return for side jets pool (open)
6 - Return in spa (open)
7 - Unknown (closed)
A - When turned completely pulled water from the spa
B - When turned completely returned water only to the spa

I was installing a vacuum and tinkering with 1, 2, and 3 a bit and the rest of them to figure out what they all did. I went out of town and 3 days later came back and noticed the water levels were significantly down. Any idea what may be going on? Appreciate all the help and insight ahead of time. Disregard the position of the valves in the pictures - these were taken as I was working through it all. The current position of them is listed above where I labelled each one.

View attachment 79596View attachment 79597View attachment 79598

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

1, 2, 3: These 3 are pool suction per your notes. in the pics, vacuum port is active and main drain are active, skimmer is closed.
4, 5, 6, 7: These 4 are pool and spa and ?? returns. water goes through pump, filter, heater, then SWG. all 4 lines marked are open and returning water to pool/spa/??.

You have at least 4 pipes that are unmarked + drain off the pump.
2x suction from valve A. These are probably suction from the spa
1x return from valve B. This is return to spa for ?? it does not go through the SWG, maybe an air jet?? Since valve B needs to be in other position and valve 6 needs to be open to return water to spa per your note.
Those lines are closed based on valve position in the pics.

There is another line below valve A that looks like a drain. It comes out of the ground and looks like it terminates to atmosphere or plugged. Unsure where the other end of this is located.
You have another unmarked black valve that looks like a pressure side drain off the pump discharge with some old, disintegrated flat hose attached.

Is there anything on the other side of the heat pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.