Pool depth and slope small plunge pool

kbru

Jul 23, 2020
CT
Hi all! We are new here and hoped you could weigh in / help us figure out the best pool depth(s) for a very small plunge pool - water’s edge to water’s edge is 16x8. The depths are currently ranging from 3.5-5 but the slope feels like you’re always on a hill. Should we add to the shallow part and make the 3.5 depth cover half of the pool length then slope down more steeply to 4.5’ (instead of 5’)? Or should we just leave it as is? I am kind of regretting not doing 4’ or 4’5” all the way across and so am now trying to make myself feel like I didn’t totally screw up this one of a thousand pool building decisions! Does anyone else have a small pool with a slope to the deep end? Should we ask to go 3.5-4 the rest of the way? Or will a slope be fine once we are filled with water? So anxious! Sorry for the wordiness. Just a little panicked!

Plunge pools are laid different than larger pools. I've never seen one 3.5 before. Usually a 4 or 4.5 flat bottom or a 4 to 5ft taper. I'd leave it alone the angle feels alot less in the water you want some water to be chest high

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.