Pool Decking Sealing, Painting, etc.

bjsbuds

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 16, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Hope this is the right place in the forum to ask for this advice.

Our pool is 17 years old, our pool deck is brushed concrete with a stamped concrete border, which you can hardly see because we haven't put glossy sealer on it in a couple years. There are section that are deteriorating. The coping is poured concrete too. The cement is deteriorating, and has some cracks, which I filled today. Hopefully the photos show it well enough. We really do not want to replace the pool decking if we don't need to at this time.

I am wondering what others have opted to do to maintain their deck as long as they could. We like the look of our pool decking when spruced up, but interested in what the new options are.

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

Use the top Search bar do search on "concrete deck seal" then click on Google Search and you will find lots of threads like those below.

I recently re-coated my aged Kool-Deck with the Encore Cool! product. It was a DIY job, and only took a few days.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Hope this is the right place in the forum to ask for this advice.

Our pool is 17 years old, our pool deck is brushed concrete with a stamped concrete border, which you can hardly see because we haven't put glossy sealer on it in a couple years. There are section that are deteriorating. The coping is poured concrete too. The cement is deteriorating, and has some cracks, which I filled today. Hopefully the photos show it well enough. We really do not want to replace the pool decking if we don't need to at this time.

I am wondering what others have opted to do to maintain their deck as long as they could. We like the look of our pool decking when spruced up, but interested in what the new options are.

View attachment 108923
floor grinder Los Angeles
View attachment 108924
My pool guy installed travertine pavers around our pool on top of crushed granite then sand, and today he sealed them with Enhance-N-Seal. I watched him do this from inside my house, and only later read that the sealant is supposed to be applied on a clean surface, and that it should not sit on top of the tile but rather should be wiped away within 10 minutes. The pool guy did not sweep the tiles before applying the sealant, and he did not go back over the tiles with a cloth or anything like that. He just painted it on with a brush and left. The tile surface is still tacky and there is some sand on the tiles that cannot be brushed away because of the tackiness. My main question is, should I ask him to remedy this in some way, or is this to be expected with pavers that have sand brushed between them? We are supposed to meet tomorrow morning to give him our final payment. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.