Pool Covers

I like the solid covers as they prevent most debris and sunshine from entering or affecting the pool water. If you have a short winterization period, it may not be as much of a factor. We winterized in early Nov and opened around Memorial Day. Our water was crystal clear when we pulled the cover off.

We live in NC and we just put in an in ground pool liner. I want to know what is the best kind of cover to use. I have heard different opinions on solid covers vs mesh. Please help me decide what would be the best for us.

I have used this cover from Amazon "Yard Guard Deck Lock Rectangle Mesh". Closed pool in November, had a late March heat wave and found pool temps to be 62 degrees, added bleach to shock levels, the weather cooled off some. Officially opened pool and removed cover in April. Clean pool except for pollen on the top. I didn't want to have the water accumulate on top of a solid cover and have to pump it off in order to remove the cover.[FONT=Amazon Ember, Arial, sans-serif] I[/FONT]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.