Pool cover - leaf cover only?

LaiMi

Jun 16, 2019
Canada
We live in Canada with very harsh winters (lots of snow and ice). We just had an inground pool installed. Our PB mentioned we could just use a leaf net with water bags in the fall, then remove it when it freezes over and let the ice/snow be our pool cover until the spring. I’ve been doing some research and it appears many people opt for the mesh safety covers but we don’t like the idea of drilling holes in our newly installed (and expensive) pavers. I was wondering, is there anything wrong with the leaf net only plan or should we get the mesh safety cover (loop loc)? Leaf net with water bags would be approx 500$ vs the loop lock would be 2000$.

Welcome to TFP.

I have brick pavers for my deck and the cover anchors are not at all noticeable when screwed flush.

Please Create Your Signature and tell us what type of pool you have. It matters for answering about the cover.

Reactions: LaiMi
Anytime I’ve installed a safety cover on a paver deck, I just put the anchors in seams and you must use anchors that are built for pavers decks. You will not notice them!

Leaf nets are a royal PITA, they might stop 20% of the leaves, if that.

Reactions: LaiMi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.