Pool cover agp/salted

JJU

Apr 16, 2020
Libby, Montana
So I have the 16x32 intex pool. It came with a cover but is the winter cover worth buying, and why and what brand? We r in Montana also. It’s a salted pool so it’s my first year closing it. Also what’s the point of the pillow? Is it to keep the cover from sinking? Water temp around 60*

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 3
Pillows in the middle can kind of help to keep the water on the cover towards the edges for easier pumping/draining. They also supposedly help mitigate potential damage from ice expansion though many go pillowless in freezing climates without problems. Concensus on this forum seems to be they are not required though the only downside is the relatively minimal cost.

Winter covers for AGPs are nothing more than tarps and their purpose is to keep debris from falling into your pool all winter. They will also keep sunlight out which helps keep your FC levels up during the winter. I typically open to a FC level of 4 or so in the spring.

Most importantly whether u go w/ a pillow or not or a different cover you need a way to pump water off the cover periodically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.