Aquagenarian

Nov 29, 2022
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello, I’m going with concrete coping for my shotcrete pool. Is there a structural benefit to separate pour coping (other than it looks great) to going with one single pour including the coping with the deck?

If I can afford to do separate pour with a mastic/ joint between deck and coping I will. If I can save $ and do a single pour I might
Understand you must have an expansion joint to protect the bond beam. Either through a cantilevered coping design or through a mastic expansion joint.

Understand you must have an expansion joint to protect the bond beam. Either through a cantilevered coping design or through a mastic expansion joint.
Yeah, I read for cantilevered it goes between the deck and bond beam or it goes between deck and coping so the deck can move freely and not destroy the pool during a freeze…although where I live it doesn’t get very cold

Yeah, I read for cantilevered it goes between the deck and bond beam or it goes between deck and coping so the deck can move freely and not destroy the pool during a freeze…although where I live it doesn’t get very cold
Expansion joints have NOTHING to do with freezing. All pools with decks need an expansion joint regardless of environment.

Reactions: Aquagenarian
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.