coachhim

Mar 30, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. We moved and have been in this house with the pool about 4 years now. Now the caulking around the pool is starting to come off the edge.

I have seen on youtube people putting caulking filler or backer in the grove then using a self leveling caulking to fill in the gap. My question is my old caulking looks more like silicone and looks as if it has grits of sand on it.

What do you guys recommend in doing this??

Thanks!

I think you are asking about the flexible mastic that is in the expansion joint between the deck and coping. However there are different forms of pool construction so if you can post some pics of your pool and deck and the area we are discussing it would help.

I need to see some wider shots to see the deck and coping.

I think you posted your reply in the wrong thread...

But your expansion joint looks fine to me. I don't see problems requiring all the work involved in redoing it.

You would need to scrape out all the old mastic down to the ground. Some folks use an oscillating tool for that. Tape along the sides of the joint.

Then put foam backing rod in the joint and fill it with Deck-O-Seal or Sikaflex.

Have good knee pads.

Reactions: coachhim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.