Pool company opened and forgot skimmer parts...please help!!

Mlt153

Nov 15, 2016
Harrisburg, Pa
My pool has 2 skimmers. The pool company opened it yesterday but didn’t put these parts in the skimmer (which aren’t working great at the moment). I have tried to locate the parts online to get an idea of where they go but no such luck. Does anyone know where these parts go? I have a hole in the back, bottom and front of the skimmer. Thanks!

Attachments

• BA8C332D-31FF-41DD-AA72-8EFD7D2577E8.jpeg
    BA8C332D-31FF-41DD-AA72-8EFD7D2577E8.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 419FAA3B-B314-4773-AAEE-DF841480A1DC.jpeg
    419FAA3B-B314-4773-AAEE-DF841480A1DC.jpeg
    673.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 7407CD1C-105D-432E-A055-60510D80A9F6.jpeg
    7407CD1C-105D-432E-A055-60510D80A9F6.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 31
Thank you, last year was our first year having it opened and the builder did it. I am pretty sure the parts were from the skimmer...the pool company mentioned skimmer returns and not liking them so maybe these parts have something to do with that?

Let's see if we can call in some help... @JamesW

I looked again at you pics and I think you are right... I think your skimmer uses the return water going through the "jets" to create a jet of water... I have no clue how the work, but I bet JamesW does...

Jim R.

Yes it just uses a regular skimmer basket. There is a hole under where the basket sits, one behind and one to the front that goes into the pool (in case the picture isn’t clear). No part numbers unfortunately. It’s an Anthony Sylvan pool built on 2017.

Does the lid say Waterway?

Could be this
WWRENEGADEDeep.jpg

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skimmers often come with 2 holes. One that goes back to the suction port of your pump and one that goes to the drain. On these style skimmers, there is usually a flap mechanism that allows the skimmer to move between the floor drain and the skimmer function (large opening). Mine has this but it was not used as my floor drains are home-runned back to the pump. I had parts similar to what you have but was instructed to toss them. If only one hole in your skimmer is being used, your skimmer only needs the weir door and the basket.

Skimmers often come with 2 holes. One that goes back to the suction port of your pump and one that goes to the drain. On these style skimmers, there is usually a flap mechanism that allows the skimmer to move between the floor drain and the skimmer function (large opening). Mine has this but it was not used as my floor drains are home-runned back to the pump. I had parts similar to what you have but was instructed to toss them. If only one hole in your skimmer is being used, your skimmer only needs the weir door and the basket.

@Mlt153 has a venturi type skimmer. Not the type you describe that controls a main drain. She should not toss the parts. A venturi skimmer has both skimmer suction and a return on the same unit. The parts are needed for the return and venturi functions to work properly in her pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.