Pool cleaner: s300i, M600, or Polaris?

May 12, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I'm looking for a recommendation for a pool cleaner - adding a spillover hot tub and they said it was difficult to keep my pressure side pump in the plumbing so I'm going to dive into robotic (unless anyone thinks I should push back and get them to keep the pump/pressure side cleaner).

The cleaners I'm between right now are: Dolphin s300i, Dolphin M600, and Polaris 9550 sport (or any other Polaris). I know there's a bit of a price range in there as well...

My pool is 18'X36', I've attached a picture of my pool and also the specs for the liner which show depth etc. The biggest concern I have is the slope from the deep end to the shallow end which goes from 8' to 3' over a 14' span (it's a pretty steep slope). The other issues I have are the curved sides of the pool never seem to get clean with current cleaners (I've tried Polaris 280 and Aquabot 4xt) and I'd love it if a cleaner would clean the steps as they always seem to be dirty. We also get a lot of leaves in the pool so I'm very interested in a cleaner with a large basket.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations or if you'd suggest another cleaner please weigh in!

Thanks!!

Attachments

• PoolPic.jpg
    PoolPic.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 71
  • LinerDimensions.jpg
    LinerDimensions.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 71
M,

What advantages do you think you will get from the S300i vs. the S200? Before moving to the S200, I had a Dolphin Premier that came with a remote.. I used it once, that was the day it arrived, and I never used it again.. It is now at a rent house pool and still working fine after about 5 years.. When it dies it will be replaced by another S200..

You will not find any robot that will clean the steps.. I just brush mine back into the pool.

I have been using Dolphin Robots for about 10 years, and can't think of any reason that I would ever go back to a water powered cleaner of any kind.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jolagues
M,

I have never used a Polaris, so have no comparison point.. I think the majority of Robots owners have a Dolphin. They have been in the Robot business for 20 years or more. Polaris has a long history of making great water powered cleaners and has recently gotten into the Robot market.

I suggest that you call Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa... She is always busy so you might have to call a couple of times. She can help you decide which Robot is best for you. For Reference, the S200 is $700 bucks with no tax and free 2 day shipping.. But only if you call, you can't order it on line..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've been convinced by responses to my query about suction cleaners to go for a robotic cleaner. I have an outlet within 50 ft of the farthest end of the pool and intend to leave the cleaner in the pool all the time .
All I need is a model that will:
a- clean the whole pool including the walls to waterline,
b- is well built (reliable),
c- has filters to catch sand/small particles,
d- doesn't tangle the power cord (is that called swivel mechanism?),
e- doesn't flip over its back,
f- can be programmed to run once a week or 3 times a week.
I don't need remote control.
The robot cleaner manufacturers have done a great job confusing the average consumer with so many brands and models. Which model will meet my modest requirements?

Last edited:
I enjoy my polaris cleaner, I especially like how it comes up the side of the pool and then shoots out the water to make it easy to lift out. Main factor for me was main drain, the polaris really can't get stuck on the drains. I don't know that it cleans as well as another cleaner, but the other cleaner don't clean so well if it gets stuck on the drain either. LOL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.