Pool Cleaner Damaging Liner

Navajogirl

Apr 14, 2022
New York
Moved from HERE

I just purchased a Dolphin s200 and put it in the pool about 4 days ago for the first time. My liner is brand new (8 months old) and I've had no problems with it. Two days later I noticed that there was a wrinkle in front of each main drain, so I got in to check things out. I found that the deep end corners are pulled from the wall/floor and there is obviously water behind the liner. The liner is stretched tight but I can bounce up and down on it in the corners and along the edges of the deep end and the bottom of the pool. It's not a ground water issue as we've been dry lately. Also, I'm paranoid about ground water and I use my behind the liner drain constantly, even after the smallest rain.

Has anyone heard of a robotic pool cleaner causing pin holes, or anything like that? That HAS to be the problem as it immediately began after I used the cleaner. Even after I get this problem fixed, which means spending thousands on the liner and the installation, I'll be scared to use the new pool cleaner.

Also, even with the water behind the liner, my built in vacuum pipe isn't draining the water for some reason. I've ran it for 16 hours with no water being drained. I'm not sure why that is happening.

Thanks for any input.
Omg I'm on my 6th liner since 1998! We kept thinking we were getting defective liners. Seam split and I had a diver go in he found 52 pinholes & what looked like to be a roller issue. I am convinced it is our $800 robot causing the damage! I should not have to replace a liner every 2 years. Hope this answers it. I have above ground pool with deep end

N,

I guess it could be your robot, but I can't think of how. :scratch:

It is not like it has a bunch of sharp point that could ever touch your liner.

It has rubber tracks, so I can't see in my mind how it could be causing the damage.

What do you see when the robot runs?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.