Pool Cleaner Possibly Causing Holes In Liner

Python

Jul 30, 2013
I just purchased a Dolphin s200 and put it in the pool about 4 days ago for the first time. My liner is brand new (8 months old) and I've had no problems with it. Two days later I noticed that there was a wrinkle in front of each main drain, so I got in to check things out. I found that the deep end corners are pulled from the wall/floor and there is obviously water behind the liner. The liner is stretched tight but I can bounce up and down on it in the corners and along the edges of the deep end and the bottom of the pool. It's not a ground water issue as we've been dry lately. Also, I'm paranoid about ground water and I use my behind the liner drain constantly, even after the smallest rain.

Has anyone heard of a robotic pool cleaner causing pin holes, or anything like that? That HAS to be the problem as it immediately began after I used the cleaner. Even after I get this problem fixed, which means spending thousands on the liner and the installation, I'll be scared to use the new pool cleaner.

Also, even with the water behind the liner, my built in vacuum pipe isn't draining the water for some reason. I've ran it for 16 hours with no water being drained. I'm not sure why that is happening.

Thanks for any input.

I sure hope not! Have you dove down with a mask on to see if you can find any holes?

Some people have had luck with using dye to see if there is a leak but my hole was too small to see until I was right on it. I had to call out a leak detection company. They had a neat tool that found one, tiny pinprick hole. A patch all has been good.

I don't understand why your pump is not removing any water....Are you sure the pump is working?

Kim:kim:

Just an update. I called in a leak detection company and found a leak in the pool light niche where the conduit connects to the niche itself. Repaired with epoxy and all should be good. I hope.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.