Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Moved from here.
PH - 7.9-8
FC - 2 ish
CC - 0 (I've tested FC and CC because I'm trying to figure out my SWG numbers).
CYA - 0
Hardness - 100-120
TA - 70-80
So I am doing zero balancing right now.. just letting the swg run, and for the first time in my life My eyes are not irritated by swimming. I am opening them under water for hours a day and zero discomfort. I would never be able to do this in any other pool (I've swam in a lot, public and private). I cant tell you what its attributed to, but I hope when I balance everything out in a day or two when I get my cover it doesn't change. If it does, I can tell you its either CYA or a lower PH. Those are about the only things I have to really adjust.
I bumped this quote because I find it very interesting and I'm trying to figure out the best balance for our pool this summer. We've had so much rain, I need to rebalance our levels. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry - Trouble Free Pool
FC 10.5
CC 0
pH 7.4
TA 60
Salt 1400 (non-SWG. added for "feel")
CYA 40
CH (I don't bother with our vinyl pool)
CSI -1.27
I'm trying to decide if I should raise TA, pH and salt. Just thinking.
In the past TA was 70.
Posts re: good Salt level in non-SWG pools:
I think pool salt is a little cheaper at Lowe's. Any 99.5 or more pure salt is ok. Yes, 1500 to 2000 is the recommended starting point.
Every time you add a gallon of 10% LC you raise your CL by 5 and salt by 8.2 ppm. The CL dissipates and the salt accumulates.
..... We have times of very heavy rains ... where water is removed from the pool so I'm guessing the level is actually around 1000 ppm.

Just thinking thru all this.
If anyone wants to make a comment, feel free to add your input. :wave: :epds:

Last edited:
Your TA and pH are fine. No reason to mess with them.

Go swim.

Reactions: mariane
No reason to raise the CYA either as your a chlorine pool thereby using less versus a higher CYA for SWCG. Having a 70 CYA can get you into trouble if something went arye with water and you'd need to slam. Much easier to slam at 40 then at 70.

Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.