Pool care while still under construction?

Honestly, besides the FC being too low at 3, the rest of your numbers look pretty good for now. PH is fine in the 7's - don't touch it as it will rise up naturally. When PH rises over time, and you add more acid to lower it, the TA will slowly drop - there is no need to focus on the TA level at this point. When the PH hits 8, add acid to lower it to 7.4-7.6.

CYA should be rounded up - which means you have 50 and your FC should be at a Minimum of 4 - and your real target is 6-8, so you are low. I would add some Liquid CL to bump that up, and add it everyday until you get your SWCG running and able to hold the FC level.

50 CYA is just below the recommended amount for a SWCG pool - you could raise it now or wait until everything is up and running. Once you get a feel for everything and the SWCG is working you can raise the CYA.

For chemicals you just need Muriatic Acid, some CYA, and Liquid Chlorine (Shock)...

I added 128 ounces of liquid chlorine last night (recommended by the app) and I'll do a full chemical analysis early this evening after work, but I just did the quick daily test and my chlorine appears to be way too high. It's off the charts. Very dark yellow.

20220726_114840.jpg

I added 128 ounces of liquid chlorine last night (recommended by the app) and I'll do a full chemical analysis early this evening after work, but I just did the quick daily test and my chlorine appears to be way too high. It's off the charts. Very dark yellow.

View attachment 440338
Target fc is 6-8 - going a little above is fine.
Since it only reads total chlorine to 5ppm its hard to know where u stand . That test basically just confirms u have some chlorine. Doubtful it’s “sky high” probably under 10ppm.
That addition should have raised fc by 3.6ppm if it was 10% strength -it is safe to swim with fc levels anywhere between minimum and slam level for your cya FC/CYA Levels so long as u can see the bottom of the pool for safety purposes. Stick with fas/dpd for fc & cc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.