Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
SW Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Am I missing something? I did try to search this issue on the forum but not seeing anything specific. I am in the process of opening pool. No issues thus far (this is thanks to the thorough education I have received at TFP over the last few years) but I went to pull up my pool calculator just to review for after SLAMing and my info is not saved in there as it usually is. (It says not setup for most categories). And when I manually put in everything, it will not perform the calculate function. I know there is the new app but since I start my day by taking care of the pool I have always just had it on my laptop. I tried DL the app on laptop and either I have suddenly become electronically dumb or it is not working correctly. I finally got to where I could get my information in...partially. Most of the time the only option I have at upper right is the X ..no checkmark so it wont hold my info. At the risk of sounding old, the pool calculator was great, why change? I am going to try to put the app on my phone to see if it does any better but ugh my eyes are not fantastic and I hate doing things like that on my phone. Advice greatly appreciated :)

Send and email to [email protected] for help.

I just tried my Windows10 app version and it's all messed up. So far this year, I've done everything on my phone. But I like to have a back up method if my phone "goes swimming" :)

My Win10 version is fine.

Let's be sure we are on the same page, you are talking about the PoolMath app, right? Not the web version.

For starters, there’s the link I suspect you’re looking for. In the future I do plan giving that a major update, but for now here’s what you’re looking for.

So why the change? While it is a change, it was a needed change. The demographic of the entire internet is moving towards mobile devices and this page simply wasn’t responsive. To make it responsive it would involve a total redo. Rather than redoing this, we went big, and we’re glad we did.

As mentioned there is a Windows 10 version, but it’s in need of some love. It’s in the plans for this year but for now let us know your issue and I’ll help you out.

If you are using the old webpage version of poolmath, deleting cookies can affect the stored data. Its not that the webpage actually stores the data, but that it will "remember" the last entry until you change it or delete cookies. System updates and other computer functions may delete cookies and cause you to loose information. Also if there was a reload of a browser you may lose stored data that way as well.

I was able to solve the issue I had with the Win10 app version by signing out and signing back in again.

But you all are correct, the web page version is different. I saw calculate and app and jumped to the download to computer WIN10 app. Sorry for leading anyone astray.

This is the one I was talking about. PoolMath
I can get to it but it wont calculate or hold my info. I have the new app on my phone and it works better than running it on my laptop but the original question was about the link here.

For starters, there’s the link I suspect you’re looking for. In the future I do plan giving that a major update, but for now here’s what you’re looking for.

So why the change? While it is a change, it was a needed change. The demographic of the entire internet is moving towards mobile devices and this page simply wasn’t responsive. To make it responsive it would involve a total redo. Rather than redoing this, we went big, and we’re glad we did.

As mentioned there is a Windows 10 version, but it’s in need of some love. It’s in the plans for this year but for now let us know your issue and I’ll help you out.
Thanks. I put the app on my phone for now. It just doesn't seem as easily navigated and at times I put in my information and there is nothing to tell me it is taking it. (The part about how the X is the only option at top sometimes as opposed to the checkmark. It does this more often on the laptop version of the app (microsoft store) but still does at times. For now I am at a standstill until I check the pool tomorrow and log something else to see if it takes. I understand keeping up with times, it isn't newness I have a problem with, it just didn't seem to be working properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are using the old webpage version of poolmath, deleting cookies can affect the stored data. Its not that the webpage actually stores the data, but that it will "remember" the last entry until you change it or delete cookies. System updates and other computer functions may delete cookies and cause you to loose information. Also if there was a reload of a browser you may lose stored data that way as well.
Thank you, I wasn't too worried about my info, I put it back in. The problem is that it wasn't recognizing it and would not calculate or pull in the recommended goals from TFP etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.