Pool Build - North Texas

LOVE it! I am glad it all went well! Have you started bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it! LOL

It is now time for your own set of links! :party: It is a lot of info but it will all make sense once you start using it!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask what test kit your PB is providing. Let us know so we can fill in any blanks.

Kim:kim:

LOVE it! I am glad it all went well! Have you started bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it! LOL

It is now time for your own set of links! :party: It is a lot of info but it will all make sense once you start using it!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask what test kit your PB is providing. Let us know so we can fill in any blanks.

We started watering yesterday morning. It really seems to suck up the water! My plan is to keep it fairly wet all weekend.

Thanks for posting the links. I actually read through it all thoroughly a month or so ago.

Does anybody know the best place to buy chemicals (mainly liquid chlorine/bleach) in the McKinney/Frisco/Proser area?

We decided to have a pillar removed on our covered patio and to have the ceilings vaulted. Here are the before photos. I wish I had a better photo of the ceiling, but this is all I've got. I will post completed photos later on today.

IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3284.jpgIMG_3285.jpg

Patio upgrades...
IMG_3367.jpgIMG_3369.jpgIMG_3371.jpgIMG_3372.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see in the last picture, the grotto is partially built and the tiles have been installed. The downfall is that some of the tiles have fallen down which is concerning. Photos have been sent to the project manager so hopefully he will ensure they are installed correctly.

Well, today we noticed a few issues that we are trying to get addressed by the PB.
1. Our spa is only 12" tall when it should be 18". We brought this up multiple times and were told it would be 18"...with the cap, it is not.
2. We are missing our finger ledge on the back wall.
3. We have a total of 20 returns/jets in the spa (13 upper and 7 lower) running off 2x 2.7 hp pumps. I have not been receiving a clear answer on how the upper jets are going to function pushing 13 jets on 1 pump.

Hopefully these issues will all be resolved soon.

At this point in time, I am only posting photos for others enjoyment. I know I like them so hopefully they are worth while for others. Sorry that many of them are taken at night. I have been leaving to go to work before the sun rises and arriving home after the sun sets.

IMG_3387.jpgIMG_3389.jpgIMG_3391.jpgIMG_8662.jpgIMG_8663.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like the work I see so far. It really looks like they think they are done with the spa :( You need to ask your self how you want to go forward. Is the size something you can live with or do you want to push to get it redone to the size you planned for. Have you sat in it yet? What do you think about the size it is? It looks to me like you do need it to be higher but the major test is you sitting in it and thinking about where the jets and water will hit your body.

The finger ledge may be a loss though :( I am not sure they can add it at this point. I don't know this for sure so push your PB and see what he says.

Good luck and let us know what your PB says.

Kim (no cheering for this one)

That decking looks awesome! Love the color and pattern! Artist with a big saw were on your job!

That plaster looks SO pretty! I can't wait to see it with water in it. Now remember that the water/plaster will not be it's true color at first. In fact it might have a hit of green to start with :shock: that will change as you brush the pool and get the water balanced.

Make sure to put a dish cloth over the hose ends. You don't want them to mar the new plaster and it might even catch some stuff from the water. You can also tape some empty plastic bottles to them so the hoses will float. Make sure the hose ends start sitting right on the main drain to avoid streaking.

I am starting to get frustrated. The pool was filled late Thursday night however I still do not have any running pumps. Is it a problem for the plaster to go days without the pumps running? I was told not to bother brushing the walls until the pumps/filter are turned on.

As far as I am concerned, they should have been up and running yesterday morning.

Do you have power run to your equipment? Have they said when they would be doing the start up?

Do you happen to have a submersible pump? If you do you can use it in the pool to move the water as you need to.

Do you have your test kit yet?

Sorry for more questions than answers but this will help us answer you better.

Kim (NO cheering on this one!)

Do you have power run to your equipment? Have they said when they would be doing the start up?

Do you happen to have a submersible pump? If you do you can use it in the pool to move the water as you need to.

Do you have your test kit yet?

Sorry for more questions than answers but this will help us answer you better.

Kim (NO cheering on this one!)

Yes, they installed power yesterday afternoon after I there a fit. The construction manager was unaware that electrical has not been connected. They were supposed to do the startup today but they have not shown up. I tried messing with the PS8 to get the pump to start but the heater starts clicking when I turn the filter pump on (the gas line is shut off).

I do have a small pump I used to drain water from the pool during construction which I guess I could drop in. I do have a test kit (although I have not tested the water yet) but don't want to add chemicals without the pumps running.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that the construction manager told me not to bother brushing the pool until the pump/filter is running.

Okay you need to get that PH down. It might be even higher than that :(

Put the pump in the water turned on. You can walk around the pool a couple few times with a straw broom or boat oar (whatever will move the water) to get the water moving in a circular movement. Have you pool brush ready to brush the pool right after you add the muriatic acid.

Use Pool Math to see how much m.a. to add to get your PH down to 7.5. Do the above and let the pump run for about 30 mins then retest. Repeat as needed to get your PH down to 7.4.

The good news is that the start-up guy showed up this afternoon and got the pumps up and running and added the first dose of acid. I just checked again and added another dose (still really high...around 8.0). It's on the way down.

I've already brushed it 2x since the pumps started. It is already much cleaner however I could see the clouds forming when brushing (especially in the hot tub).

That is good news! Guess they were working their way around towards you. I am glad they got there and got you going.

The cloudy look could last a little while as the plaster cures. Keep an eye on your filter pressure. Make a note of where it is when it is clean. When it goes up 20% you will need to clean it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.