Pool Build in Rural North Texas

wuthrirc

May 16, 2019
Wichita Falls, TX
Pool dig April 18, 2019. Freeform with tanning ledge and 2 benches (approximately 96 foot perimeter). Shimmerark 2" flagstone for coping. Noble Tile NWGF Sankai 678 and 178 (6-inch and 1-inch). Quartzscapes Aruba Sky Reflections applied June 30, 2019.

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpg
    IMG_5306.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5386.jpg
    IMG_5386.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5425.jpg
    IMG_5425.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Plumbing 2.jpg
    Plumbing 2.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 63
  • coping shimmerark.jpg
    coping shimmerark.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 6 inch tile.jpg
    6 inch tile.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 77
  • kool deck.jpg
    kool deck.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 78
  • beginning to fill 2.jpg
    beginning to fill 2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 53
  • tile on steps quartzscapes.jpg
    tile on steps quartzscapes.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 66
  • pool finish aruba sky quartzscapes.jpg
    pool finish aruba sky quartzscapes.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi!! What a sweet pool! I love it's shape and the tiles you used!

The basic test kit TF-100 works for any pool. For a salt pool you add a salt test. Just know if your SWG is happy that is all that really matters in the end. Now if you want to get extra fancy you can add the Speed Stir. It makes the testing even easier! For now plaster you will enjoy the Whale Wall brush. The tail helps push the brush so you don't have to work as hard to brush.

I have a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info but will start to make sense as you use it.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Kim:kim:

Reactions: wuthrirc
Looks fantastic! Ours looked the same a few weeks ago.

I would suggest

And

Texas temps are getting higher...

And

https://mmgtx.com/docs/PTI-Start-Up-Maintenance-Procedures-Salt-SWCGS.pdf

Happy brushing!
I did order the whale with my kit. ?

The basic test kit TF-100 works for any pool. For a salt pool you add a salt test. Just know if your SWG is happy that is all that really matters in the end. Now if you want to get extra fancy you can add the Speed Stir. It makes the testing even easier! For now plaster you will enjoy the Whale Wall brush. The tail helps push the brush so you don't have to work as hard to brush.

I have a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info but will start to make sense as you use it.

Print these out:

Bookmark these:

Trouble Free Pool

Thanks so much for the information!

Looks fantastic! Ours looked the same a few weeks ago.

I would suggest

And

Texas temps are getting higher...

And

https://mmgtx.com/docs/PTI-Start-Up-Maintenance-Procedures-Salt-SWCGS.pdf

Happy brushing!
I did order the whale with my kit. ?
Thank you very much! Sounds like we need get the whale (although I'm not even sure what that is yet!)

Print these out:

Bookmark these:

Trouble Free Pool

Thank you very much!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is our start up page: Start-up New Plaster - Trouble Free Pool This is good guidance on what to do. Since you do not have a pump yet you can walk around the pool with a straw broom or boat paddle a few times to get the water moving good then add the chemicals. Once you add the chemicals make sure to brush the pool real good to make sure they are mixed in good.

I would say use a submersible pump BUT do not want that on your brand new pool. I am VERY worried it would mar the new plaster :(

Reactions: wuthrirc
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.