Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer

Re: Pool Build - California Dreaming

Thats obviously a minuteman missile silo under construction. Notice how the arrogant capitalist pigs try to disguise it by putting a "house" next to it. Like anyone in the failed capitalist system could afford such a luxury as a swimming pool! Bourgeois Pigs!

Nikolai, add it to the first strike target list!

Today I installed granite tops for our sunken patio/outdoor kitchen. We chose a darker granite with blue highlights that match the color of the glass tile - a color called Blue Pearl. It was not that costly considering I chose to make the counters 32" deep on each side; it came out to about $28/ft for material, fabrication and installation. I'll take some shots tomorrow and post the photos.

The hardest work today was Acid washing and sealing the Pavers myself. It was alot of work indeed. I also had a clean up crew on site today; on top of the clean up in April, I had an additional 500 sf ft of trash removed, if you can believe it.

We never sealed our pavers. Just curious to see how they will look and what did you use? How often will you have to reseal?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hey Brent - I used two techniseal products - the first
is a primer acid wash which leaves the Pavers clean and a uniform color, eliminating efflorescence and
the second is a sealer IN which is very good for pool decks and coping. It is a non filming non slick sealer. The water beads on the coping and Pavers and it maintains a uniform
Color wet or dry and prevents most staining.

Today after weeks of work, I finally just lounged around. I took a nap by the pool on one of the lounge chairs while the girls and the wifey swam. It was about 79 with a slight breeze. With a beer in hand, and a momentary leave from all the cares of the world, it finally hit me; the money, the battles, the sweat, toil and tears, it was more than worth it. It was glory.

spillmar said:
Today after weeks of work, I finally just lounged around. I took a nap by the pool on one of the lounge chairs while the girls and the wifey swam. It was about 79 with a slight breeze. With a beer in hand, and a momentary leave from all the cares of the world, it finally hit me; the money, the battles, the sweat, toil and tears, it was more than worth it. It was glory.

Reminds me of Bruce and the song Glory Day's! Well actually I was talking about that song earlier to hubby, before I read this.

I think I read thru your build from start about a week ago and look for more posts on it everyday. It is beautiful!

spillmar said:

Congrats Spillmar! :cheers:

spillmar said:
Hey Brent - I used two techniseal products - the first
is a primer acid wash which leaves the Pavers clean and a uniform color, eliminating efflorescence and
the second is a sealer IN which is very good for pool decks and coping. It is a non filming non slick sealer. The water beads on the coping and Pavers and it maintains a uniform
Color wet or dry and prevents most staining.
Thanks spillmar, I need to start thinking of something. Our pavers are a little over 2 years old and it still looks great but I have a few stains that can't be removed with chlorax clean up.

Brentr, check out the Techniseal website for additional specialty paver cleaning products. They have some tar and other stain removal products. The acid wash/primer and sealer I used worked like a charm and the pavers and coping look great. After about 72 hours the coping and pavers also took on a very uniform color appearance versus the look when they were unsealed. I used the same sealer on the rest of the hardscape (stone columns) and see the benefits there as well, although the ledger stone walls may look better with a semi-gloss sealer like 511 stone sealer (which I used on the raised bond beam area).

Thanks Carlscan for the kind congrats. We had a small "back to school" gathering this weekend and it felt good to hear most of the neighbor and friends complimenting the pool's layout and design but more importantly to see the kids enjoying the pool and slide.
Best regards.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.