Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer

Re: Pool Build - California Dreaming

You and your C-List deals...

I've searched several dozen times over the last 4ish months for a pool slide. They are all the old straight blue slides for $200+ or the blow-up bouncer slides.

You got to send me a pm or call me if you find another one like that :)

Yeah, sorry, but I'm guessing you would to have had to place the window in while doing the gunnite/shotcrete. Just looking at your pool, I certainly missed some really good ideas. Maybe we'll just have to build another one in 10 years when we've forgotten the extent of the effort.

Below is a picture of the sunken patio/outdoor kitchen abutting the swim up bar. As you can see we used the same pavers to finish the deck. On the right will be storage and the kitchen prep area as well as an outdoor fridge. On the left is the grill, a small counter, a sink and the ice maker. I went with a unit that makes up to 50 pounds of ice per day. The stainless steel cabinets and the face of the grill structure will be finished with ledge stone; the back splash and the wall near the pool will be in glass tile. The stairs are still being worked on but my design calls for a semicircle/horseshoe layout where one can enter from three sides when descending to sunken patio/outdoor kitchen area. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 500

Below is a picture of the pool slide which was delivered yesterday. The slide went up very quickly. We will be affixing the front two legs to the poured coping which should be strong enough. The rear support may require us to remove the pavers and pour about a 1 ft footing under a small portion of the paver deck for support.

The only other thing I am confused about is how to get water to the slide. Is this best done with a pump with pool water; an adapter connected to a return in order to deliver water from the filter; or by way of a garden hose connection ? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 490

Thanks Frogabog for the guilt. :oops:

BTW I have been adding acid and chlorinating. I still have not gotten the hang of it but getting there. I need to still go to Pool School, right now I am barely passing. Good thing is the water is clearer than before; however I am seeing more blotchiness in the plaster than before. Not sure what's causing that. Probably need to brush more aggressively or add more acid to get rid of efflorescence. :oops:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

spillmar said:
Thanks Frogabog for the guilt. :oops:

BTW I have been adding acid and chlorinating. I still have not gotten the hang of it but getting there. I need to still go to Pool School, right now I am barely passing. Good thing is the water is clearer than before; however I am seeing more blotchiness in the plaster than before. Not sure what's causing that. Probably need to brush more aggressively or add more acid to get rid of efflorescence. :oops:

No need for guilt...we are just not worthy :bowdown:

My guess is the blotchiness may be high CH/PH, but we can't tell for sure without a full set of test results. :lol:

FWIW...your pool :rockon:

People do water for the slides many different ways - dedicated line, hose, return adapted, small pump. The problem with giving you my $.02 is that my idea/advice/opinion isn't a cheap solution. I think with how nice your pool looks anything but a dedicated (hidden) line is going to look glaringly out of place or be less than ideal. You might be able to adapt a return if you have one close enough with enough pressure and volume for the height of the slide. BUT - since you're going to lift up some pavers...why not run a new line off one of the water feature pumps with a valve at the pad for general flow control and another one at the slide for fine tuning and local shutoff.

Do you really NEED water for a slide? Won't the kids bring enough with them that after the second or so kid it's slicked up? Maybe throw or spray some on there before the first rider so it cools down before the first kid gets up there? I'm sure you go faster when it's wet of course...

carlscan26 said:
Do you really NEED water for a slide? Won't the kids bring enough with them that after the second or so kid it's slicked up? Maybe throw or spray some on there before the first rider so it cools down before the first kid gets up there? I'm sure you go faster when it's wet of course...
Just my $.02, our slide dries up in about 10-15 minutes after shutting off the water supply to it. When kids are in the pool, the slide may be unused for quite a bit of time, but when they want to use it, they don't want to wait for dad to go and open the valve!

spillmar said:
Below is a picture of the sunken patio/outdoor kitchen abutting the swim up bar. As you can see we used the same pavers to finish the deck. On the right will be storage and the kitchen prep area as well as an outdoor fridge. On the left is the grill, a small counter, a sink and the ice maker. I went with a unit that makes up to 50 pounds of ice per day. The stainless steel cabinets and the face of the grill structure will be finished with ledge stone; the back splash and the wall near the pool will be in glass tile. The stairs are still being worked on but my design calls for a semicircle/horseshoe layout where one can enter from three sides when descending to sunken patio/outdoor kitchen area. Let me know your thoughts.
I am so envious of your icemaker. I have been looking but can't seem to find the right one. What make is your icemaker? :cheers: :cheers:

I've got a 25# bluestone icemaker. I got mine from Home Depot. It works great. The interesting thing about it is it's in a built in cabinet and when the sun hits it in the evening with 100 deg weather, it shuts down. We had to put a towel draped over the bar top to prevent that from hapening. I may move mine because of that.

Hey spillmar. Don't take this as a critique of your camera skills but we need a couple helicopter shots, cameras with at least eleventeen mega-pickles and James Cameron for the underwater shots to do this beauty justice. :) I read most of this thread in one sitting and I had to turn off the computer and take a nap. You are one dogged and industrious fellow. Wow.

Brentr, the ice maker is a Kitchenaid. It is very solidly built. I have heard good things however about U-Line and Viking, although the price gets up there. I went with the Kitchenaid because it was a good value, stores about 25lbs of ice and has a face and handle that closely matches the rest of the grill components. XSAOI, I have heard almost all icemakers will show effects (shutdown, melting, blockages, etc.) in direct sunlight. Nothing you can really do about it except go with an outdoor highly insulated model.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.