Pool Build - Baltimore

Thank you all. Marla - My new avatar is the youngster at 7 months from a few posts back.

Yesterday was a sad day, we put our sick friend to sleep. It was a quick decline. He would have been 9 in June. RIP (in the backyard not too far from the pool seating area). We all miss him of course, but it is helpful to have an energetic puppy in the house. Here's a picture of our pal from a camping trip last fall.

2015 - Modified by Snowman 10, on Flickr

9 is way to young. I lost my first Rottweiler at 9 and he didn't have a grey hair on his face. It's never easy. I look back at my pics of my fur kids n its like they were here yesterday but it's been years n I miss them. It's the worst part of owning fur kids. It's also the most loving and selfless thing you can give your baby. You do it knowing it is what's best and it hurts so bad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you all for your nice comments.

Love the steps going down to the pool! Your pool area has its own space love love love!

Thank you. It doesn't stand out much but they are mirrored by the in-pool steps as well.

Here's a seawater pool in Manly Beach, Australia. It's been here for a long time. It looks like they originally stuck it in to obscure a drain pipe that led to the sea. It remains now and is "sanitized" by constantly pumping in new seawater which overflows. At high tide, waves help the turnover as well. Just a cool little pool from days gone by that still draws a few souls. At the other side of the cove is a much larger version used by the swim team. That one's great because as they are competing, splashover from waves comes splashing into one end of the pool - pretty cool to watch.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GekvZ5]Seawater Pool in Australia by Snowman 10, on Flickr[/URL]

Beautiful pool in Australia.. Reminds me of the quarry pool my pool builder did I think it was even on hgtv..
57124823ee4b5b065c6fd0519885ca8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing! Oh I'm just catching up.. Sorry to hear of your pup. We have a golden retriever and I'm not sure what would happen if anything ever happened to her. It's my daughters best friend. My thoughts are with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks G.

Opened the pool yesterday. Clear water to continue my streak. Next door neighbors was green for the second year in a row. Only hiccup is that pump wouldn't turn over. Emailed the guy who closed it in the fall this morning. He replied back 'sounds like it's seized, I'll drop by today'. A few hours later, 'I got it loose, I left pump running'. No charge. Sweet. Big shout out to Angel's Pool Service! And he offered a few other helpful comments to boot.

As Kim would say, Happy Day! Also good to see water instead of a winter cover. Water temp is 60. Hope to swim in later May. Topping off chems over the next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.