New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi Everyone- I need to purchase a new pool brush and was hoping for some recommendations. My current brush is losing bristles and they were all over pool yesterday morning.

I realize that this is an old thread... but rather than start a new one... I must be missing something or I am very lucky. What are you brushing? The sides of my FG pool don't accumulate ANYTHING. and vacuuming the bottom takes care of the rest. Am I missing something? I mean - I have a brush - and I use it to dissolve salt when I add it. and I used it when I added 20Mule. But when I am swimming and I rub the sides of the pool they are SQUEAKY clean. This also has confused me when people with FG pools are talking about how well a robot does the sides.

Now - I did not put in tile at the waterline. Is that the reason? or am I really missing something here. I would brush it if I felt there was any reason... but the sides stay sparkling clean with no work.

Excellent question and I have sometimes wondered the same. There is nothing on my FG surfaces to brush off and I just use my brush to dissipate chems and maybe sweep that piece of debris out of a corner or off the stairs so the robot can reach it. The robot climbing the sides is a cheap parlor trick IMO and does nothing to clean the waterline tile. (I do that with an electric ‘Elicto’ bathroom tile scrubber.) A long handled brush wouldn’t be useful there anyway. I can see if one is SLAMing and there’s algae to be brushed but how often do I do that? Never.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tcadwall0
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.