Pool Blaster max died

Jul 6, 2016
Memphis, TN
I must admit I haven't done much research on this like I normally would before coming on here, but my Pool blaster max pool vac has died. When I try to turn it on, i just hear a faint click like it's trying to turn on, but nothing happens. It's only 1.5 years old. Any ideas?

I have a battery operated vacuum as well. To protect it, each time I charge, the gasket must be lubricated with Teflon lube for a tight seal. In addition, I rinse with fresh water and do not leave outside. My Pool Blaster is secondary vacuum, while I still vacuum manually. Does the battery show that it is fully charged. The charged will go from red to green and it takes about 2-4 hours, what I can remember.

That happened to my 2nd, and the last, Pool Blaster, a long time ago. I think the water got in there somehow. I was never happy with them, the battery life sucked, they got clogged up fast, and then the suction weaken. I have a robot now.

That happened to my 2nd, and the last, Pool Blaster, a long time ago. I think the water got in there somehow. I was never happy with them, the battery life sucked, they got clogged up fast, and then the suction weaken. I have a robot now.

I use mine only as a backup and no more than 3-5 minutes at a time weekly. Battery usually will last a month or longer.

Most likely the battery has failed. My Blaster Max is going on 5 years so I must be lucky.
I replaced the original battery/ motor last year due to run time was getting lower than before.
I also only use it for spot cleaning once a week or so.
When removing the battery and motor housing for replacement I also noticed some corrosion in the housing, so water was getting past the seals.
If you like the Blaster that much I would get a replacement, batteries now are Lithium Ion with a complete different on / off switch and run time and power much better.
A little pricey but a lot less than a new unit. If yours is 1.5 yrs old, I am not sure if this style is on your unit or if you still have the old NiCad style.
P30X003LI / PBA003- Motor Box (7 Cell Battery, Motor) LITHIUM ION - Water Tech Corp

After posting my comment above, I decided to check some current prices on the new model with the Lithium battery and found this one, so maybe replacing the battery is not that much of a money saver, if at all.
https://www.amazon.com/Pool-Blaster-Water-Tech-Cleaner/dp/B001B3SKN4

So i took it apart. The only problem is that the little switch that turns it on by screwing in the cap, had fallen back in the unit and was not being triggered. Fixed it and it works great now. I’m back in biz. Thanks all.

If this helps anyone:

I had a dead pool blaster a couple months back. It was my second unit which was an in-warranty replacement and now out of warranty.

I get quite a bit of use so I bought another one with the extended amazon warranty.

This new unit with the lithium ion battery is MUCH improved. It has a better motor, lithium ion battery which should last more years.
and best of all, the twist o ring switch is now a fully sealed push button switch.

This I found to be a major design improvement.

fyi

I wish they had a corded Pool Blaster Max that one can use manually. This would make a lot of sense. It is like my powered blower that works great to keep the leaves from the Southern Magnolia out of the pool, which is easily hooked up to the 50' cord that is outside. When I need to clean the whole back after a major storm, then I get out the Red Max (Gas Powered).

This would be a great idea. Yes, they have corded robots, but not for $100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.