Pool Automation change out

qpc1263

May 7, 2019
Austin, TX
Pool Size
I currently have an Intellitouch i7+3 panel with Mobile Touch 2 automation. The automation has gone dead and now I need to replace it. I prefer a system I can operate from a smart phone. Screen Logic was recommended by Leslie's Pool. Is there a better option? Do I just need to purchase the Screen Logic 2 kit? I don't know where to start on this and can I install it myself? The technician said they charge $450.00 to install.

Is your IntelliTouch i7 still operational?? If so, then ScreenLogic is the perfect solution to replace a bad remote.. It will give you the option to turn things on with your phone, tablet or PC.. The PC works much better for setting things up and programming.. The phone works great for controlling things.

ScreenLogic2 costs about $400 bucks.. If the $450 includes the hardware plus the install, then that is a deal. I say that as a guy who would not even use Leslie's bathroom. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Is your IntelliTouch i7 still operational?? If so, then ScreenLogic is the perfect solution to replace a bad remote.. It will give you the option to turn things on with your phone, tablet or PC.. The PC works much better for setting things up and programming.. The phone works great for controlling things.

ScreenLogic2 costs about $400 bucks.. If the $450 includes the hardware plus the install, then that is a deal. I say that as a guy who would not even use Leslie's bathroom. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Leslie's wanted $650 for the system and another $450 for install. Can I install this myself?

My Intellitouch i7 is still working. There seems to be some different options for the Screen Logic 2 system. I can't run the wire so I need the wireless kit. It looks like I just need to buy Part 522104 which is the Screen Logic interface and the wireless connection kit. Am I correct?

My Intellitouch i7 is still working. There seems to be some different options for the Screen Logic 2 system. I can't run the wire so I need the wireless kit. It looks like I just need to buy Part 522104 which is the Screen Logic interface and the wireless connection kit. Am I correct?
Do I also need the 520500 Mobile device interface kit?

All you need is the 522104 kit.. That is the one I have. It is an easy DIY, but you have to have some basic DIY skills..

Basically you install a transceiver at the equipment pad. This requires you to attach 4 wires to your IntelliTouch's com port.

Inside the house you plug the other transceiver into the wall for power and then into something called a protocol adapter.. the "Pentair" side the adapter is connect by a short cable to the transceiver inside the house and the "Ethernet" side of the adapter is connected by a Ethernet cable to your home network.

You have to load a program on your PC and/or two programs on your phone.

The good news is that it should just come up as soon as you turn it on.. The bad news is that if it does not come up (5%) of the time, you will probably have to get Pentair phone help to get it going...

Here are a few screenshots to wet your whistle...

View media item 1963
View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Just to be clear... You need to make sure your IntelliTouch's com port is working, before going down this path..

Tell use more about what you have .. What kind of pump do you have? Do you have a SWCG"

How do you know the remote is bad and not the com port on the main board?

Thanks,

Jim R.

All of the equipment is Pentair. We just put in a new Intelliflo VSP pump. The day of the pump change out is when the MobileTouch 2 went out. I changed the card in the Transceiver(looks like an antenna) about a year ago. In the end we really like the idea of controlling the pool with an app but I just didn't know if I should buy it from Leslies and have them install for a total of about $1100 or buy the equipment and install it myself. I suppose Leslies would come out and get it going if I can't do it or I can call Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.