Pool and Spa lights not working

Jun 11, 2015
Plano, Texas
Howdy all! We put our pool in back in the early 90's, and the lights have finally crapped out. The spa light actually bit the dust a few years back, but we didn't care... wink wink. The pool light finally bit the dust this spring. Flipped it on after the winter, and it was pretty dim, then just died. SO, looking to replace them both. The current units are typical fare from the early 90's, so looking to understand what the options are for replacing them. Is it all LED now? Best place to buy them, what might be reasonable cost to do the fix - I'm in the Dallas area. I know this is WAY short on details, but just starting out on this project and looking for thought/guidance from those who have been down this road TIA!!

What lights are in the pool now? Need names or pictures.
Current lights are Pentair Amerlite. 500 watt in the pool, 100 watt in the spa. Pool is about 41 feet long "play pool" with max depth of 6' in the middle. Spa is two tiered about 7.5 feet in diameter. Total water volume is around 40,000 gallons. I also had the builder run conduit for future fiber optic under the coping overhang when we built it, as we didn't have the cash to do so at the time. Maybe makes sense now??? Pictures attached. The big black splats are the light positions in the pool and spa. Sorry for the crudity of the edits, but it's getting late.... TIA!!

Attachments

• IMG_7329.jpg
    IMG_7329.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7328.jpg
    IMG_7328.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
Current lights are Pentair Amerlite. 500 watt in the pool, 100 watt in the spa. Pool is about 41 feet long "play pool" with max depth of 6' in the middle. Spa is two tiered about 7.5 feet in diameter. Total water volume is around 40,000 gallons. I also had the builder run conduit for future fiber optic under the coping overhang when we built it, as we didn't have the cash to do so at the time. Maybe makes sense now??? Pictures attached. The big black splats are the light positions in the pool and spa. Sorry for the crudity of the edits, but it's getting late.... TIA!!
If you really want color LED light, get a new Amerilite and put a color bulb in it. The spa lite, at 100w, is probably a Spabrite (about 6"). There are color bulbs for those as well, it you want. To save yourself some grief, stay with white light. Even the LED white replacement bulbs will last far longer than anything that changes color. Get new fixtures, replace the bulbs before installation and you will be happy in the long run. Did it for many customers before the knees gave out and no more light work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.