Pool and spa light...opinions please!

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Currently my pool and spa lights are on separate switches, one switch controls the spa light and the other switch controls the pool light...so I can turn them on and off separately right now. I was considering changing both bulbs to color changing LEDs and was considering rewiring them both to one switch, so that when I turn that one switch on...both the spa and pool lights come on simultaneously. What do you guys think? Also, for those of you with an attached spa...are your spa and pool lights on separate switches are one switch?

Merged thread - TFP Mod

Are your pool and spa lights on the same switch (meaning both the pool and spa lights come on at the same time when the switch is turned on) or separate switches (pool and spa lights can be turned off/on independently from one another)? Just trying to see what the consensus is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
CC,

If you want the two color lights to be different colors when they are both on, you need two switches or relays.. If you are ok with them both being the same color at the same time, then you can use one switch or one relay.

If this were my pool (and I had colored lights) I would use three switches.. Two normally closed switches one for each light and one normally open switch that feeds the power to both of the other switches.. This would allow you to use one switch to turn both lights on or off, but still allow you to set the individual lights to whatever color you wanted.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: EnserNG
I have 2 Intellibrite lights in my pool on 1 Easytouch relay, and 1 Intellibrite light in my raised Spa on another relay. I usually have the lights in my pool set to blue, and the spa light set to red. Super easy to set any color combination on the lights with Easytouch and Screenlogic.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.