Pool after a thunderstorm

sbhuta

Apr 24, 2018
Phoenix/AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

We had a thunderstorm and my pool has gone brown. The thunderstorm was on Thursday and its Monday and its still brown and not clear.

I have been running my pump from past 3 days with 2-3 hours breaks. The skimmer had collected a lot of leaves and debris, that has been cleaned. The water chemistry seems all right.

I am thinking to clean the filters(its been 2 months anyway).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Curious, what causes a pool to go cloudy in a rain storm? Clean rain water. Never happened with our pool.

Curious, what causes a pool to go cloudy in a rain storm? Clean rain water. Never happened with our pool.
In Phoenix, storms typically come with wind. In the desert, wind brings dirt. We many times have muddy rain. Really.

How long you all think it should take? Thursday night the storm happened, its Tuesday morning. I do see improvement but did not expect it take this long. I expect another a day or two to clear up completely? Will shocking the pool help?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a good sized filter. If not, that much dirt would have started to plug it up by now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.