Polaris VRX iQ+

Mine is a year old and like new, I give it a good hose down after it goes in the pool. And store it in a shed over the off season. Don’t know why yours is in rough shape?
I think hosing it down an storing in a shed are good practices. Our pool is open year round, so it's either in the pool or on the stand in the sun. Still works great, just looks hammered.

IMG_2196.jpeg

I think hosing it down an storing in a shed are good practices. Our pool is open year round, so it's either in the pool or on the stand in the sun. Still works great, just looks hammered.

View attachment 332915
Mine is a year old as well and looked similar until I cleaned it up with dish soap. dish cloth and hard rubbing.

Mine is almost a year old and it still looks pretty good. I try not to leave it in the pool for multiple days and I hose it off after using it. When it's not in the pool, I sits in the caddy covered with the free cover I got with it on Polaris Days.

I live in Apple Valley, California and have been dealing with the high winds blowing dirt and pollen in the pool, this robot along with the ultra fine filter does a great job of cleaning it out. When I dump the basket it looks like mud.

Does VRX IQ+ come with multiple filter or do you have to purchase filters separately?

Never mind, I saw previous posts, fine filter has to be bought separately.

Last edited:
The vrx+ starts by going the length if pool, both ways (guess to discover one dimension). Then turns 90 degrees to do same in direction perpendicular to previous line. Again both directions.
I assume this gives it the x and y lengths.
Then pattern is less obvious, but seems to cover entire floor. Also that's why they ask you to put it into pool next to a wall, so it doesn't have to go back and forth initially. Works great for me. Super fine mesh, gets the hair off the beattles' balls. I do take it out after each use, and rinse it well.

Zezrum does the IQ+ clean in any kind of defined pattern? Any evidence of a mapping function?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got one from Leslie's yesterday... on it's first run right now. Cool thing is that I get Leslie's "Pool Perk" points for the purchase so I went on line and ordered the fine silt basket from Leslie's online and it only cost me $10 out the door.

Just bought the Polaris VRX and it's not climbing the walls or lifting it just stays at the bottom and moves slow..how do I troubleshoot that..I also have a sunledge and it's not climbing at all..and its brand new 1 day old
Did you ever find a resolution to this? Sounds like the water flow is blocked somehow. Mine won't climb walls fully when the filter is full/blocked up.

Just picked up a VRX iQ+ and have about 15 hours of runtime on my cleaner now. It has done a great job of picking up the stuff that collects at the bottom of the pool. I was quite surprised when the basket filled up after the 1st hour with 4" of muck & leaves. Each subsequent run picked up less and less muck, and it was able to make a full 2.5 hr run without having to be emptied after 3 runs.

This I have learned:
1. Can't climb walls when its filter basket is full. :) (not surprising, but makes retrieval a bit of a pain)
2. Not mentioned in the manual, but you don't have to stop the retrieval process when you pull the unit out of the water. It purges the water and stops itself.
3. Climbs walls great when basket is not full, and cleans the water line very well.
4. Cord doesn't get tangled if you place it in the pool from the side/middle, and keep a minimum of cord in the pool.
5. Should be removed from pool occasionally and rinsed off to keep buildup from collecting on surfaces.

Account setup, Wifi connect, & Bluetooth connection all went smoothly.
May purchase a Fine or Ultra Fine filter to see if those can pick up anything more.

Questions about best practices:
1. Cleaning the unit. Can water be sprayed through the intake system to remove deposits there?
2. Intensity setting for cleaning modes - High or Standard? - What does this change?
3. Usage hours - Besides the wear items, tires & brushes, is there anything wrong with using the system for hours every day?

Thanks for your time.
Doug

Attachments

• 277356476_10217969367540374_577344373986442928_n.jpg
    277356476_10217969367540374_577344373986442928_n.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220328_220238965_iOS.jpg
    20220328_220238965_iOS.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.