Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Howdy all! Does anyone know if the swivel cable can be replaced on the Polaris VRX IQ+? We got a new puppy that chewed through mine. I found a diagram on a Canadian site that shows R0726700 as the part number but I cannot find anywhere else that lists parts for it or if it can be replaced.

Thank you for the update. Sorry no one responded to your original post … winter is quiet around here.

No worries. My local mom and pop pool store guy says Polaris hasn't put out repair schematics or parts lists in the US yet so I was shooting in the dark hoping someone had tried it. But the robot is in the pool and running again so I am happy and it cost me $350isg instead of $1600 for a new unit! Sorry I didn't take pics. I was in a hurry to knock it out while there were no kids around to daddy me to death. :)

If anyone ever runs into needing to do this ping me and I can walk you through it.

Ouch! $350 for a cable ... that's gotta hurt. I'm sure the puppy was very remorseful ... this was my remorseful pup after chewing one of my daughter's dolls to pieces ...

tempImageumUeCc.jpg

She was so remorseful that she stole my screwdriver and chewed the handle up behind my back while I was putting the robot in the pool to test it! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
She was so remorseful that she stole my screwdriver and chewed the handle up behind my back while I was putting the robot in the pool to test it!
Mine stole a #2 Phillips while closing the pool. I stepped on it in the yard a month later and knew *exactly* where it came from. 🤦‍♂️ Its hard to miss it when you have 20 others strategically placed.

Glad it worked out. :)

Does your cord get all tangled up? I wonder if a tangled cord is covered under warranty because that is a selling point that it has a tangle free swivel, which for me does not keep my cords tangle free.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No worries. My local mom and pop pool store guy says Polaris hasn't put out repair schematics or parts lists in the US yet so I was shooting in the dark hoping someone had tried it. But the robot is in the pool and running again so I am happy and it cost me $350isg instead of $1600 for a new unit! Sorry I didn't take pics. I was in a hurry to knock it out while there were no kids around to daddy me to death. :)

If anyone ever runs into needing to do this ping me and I can walk you through it.
Hi @dlance Gotta replace my cable for the same reason 😩. Usually have Leslie’s do repairs on my Polaris cleaners but they don’t want to do it since I didn’t buy the replacement cable from them. 😟 I guess I’m on my own. Would appreciate if you can give me a few tips. Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @dlance Gotta replace my cable for the same reason 😩. Usually have Leslie’s do repairs on my Polaris cleaners but they don’t want to do it since I didn’t buy the replacement cable from them. 😟 I guess I’m on my own. Would appreciate if you can give me a few tips. Thanx.
Howdy Allao! To be honest it was pretty straightforward. The biggest tip would be to take your time and don't force anything apart. If something seems stuck, look for screws because there are a lot and sometimes they are hard to find and/or get to. If I am recalling correctly I think there were some screws around the handle that I needed a low profile 90' phillips screwdriver for, like this one on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/I-MART-Offset-Screwdriver-Phillips-Driver/dp/B07HDJGV92/).

This is the site that I found the schematic on: Polaris - Cleaner Parts - Alpha IQ+
This is the schematic directly: https://mag.pioneerfamilypools.ca//...o/polaris_-cleaner_parts-alpha_iq_-main_1.jpg

There are a few videos on repairing the 9550 on Youtube and while those are not the Alpha IQ or VRX IQ, they are pretty close and will give you an idea of what you are about to dig into. Search "polaris 9550 cable replacement" on Youtube and you'll see several videos. They are all pretty short. After I finished I wished I had videoed my repair.

If you run into trouble take a pic and post it and I will try and remember what I did at that point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.