Gold Supporter
May 10, 2019
Winchester, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My TR36P is 2 months old (new pool, equipment, etc) and it is sucking up it's tail. The PB told me to run the pressure at 15 psi which what I've been doing. We usually run it about 2 hours every other day or depending on how much debris is on the bottom. It was working perfectly until about 2 days ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How do you measure 15 psi?

Have you stood by the pool and observed the cleaner and saw what it does when it sucks the tail?

I have a gauge near the valve that opens to provide pressure to the cleaner.

It starts to lean forward on the front right wheel and the tail whips under the cleaner and gets sucked up. I have run it as low as 10 psi and it still happens. What has me perplexed is that nothing has changed with the setup of the cleaner. It was working properly until a few days ago.

I have a gauge near the valve that opens to provide pressure to the cleaner.

It starts to lean forward on the front right wheel and the tail whips under the cleaner and gets sucked up. I have run it as low as 10 psi and it still happens. What has me perplexed is that nothing has changed with the setup of the cleaner. It was working properly until a few days ago.

My guess is you have developed a small suction side air leak. The air gets trapped in the cleaner and makes it more buoyant which is why it rises up on the wheel.

It often takes a bunch of patience and sleuthing to find a small air leak. Suction Side Air Leaks - Trouble Free Pool

Do you see any small amounts of air bubbles coming from any of your returns?

See how the PB handles it.
Thanks Allen. I didn't even consider a suction side air leak because the cleaner is on the pressure side. Definitely makes sense. I'll start checking out the spots the article discusses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.