Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Polaris pump is not putting out any pressure. The motor seems to be running fine. I changed out pump parts on 4/8/21 so it looks like these parts did not last too long. The easiest thing I can do right now is to replace those parts again (seal, o ring etc). If it still doesnot work, I can look into it in more detail. Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Check that you did not hook up the hoses to the pump backwards.

Back before I threw mine in garbage (best thing I’ve done), I had the shaft strip off the impeller. Didn’t make a noticeable different noise other than not working.

With that said, ditch it and get a robot!

I think the hoses are connected properly. I have a small pool and so far I am on the second Polaris in 22 years. The new one is about six years old and I had it repaired last year at a cost about two hundred dollars. So. not yet ready to ditch it. The pump I rebuilt my self last year with supposedly genuine parts. Just surprised that It only lasted a year.Thanks for taking the time to reply

Attachments

• Polaris Piping.jpg
    Polaris Piping.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 7
So I took apart the pump today and found the impeller has stripped off. My question is whether just replace the impeller and the O ring or also change out other innards which are only about a year old. The pics are attached.Impeller1.jpgImpeller2.jpg

What other innards are you considering replacing?

Got the parts today (impeller and seals). I have run into a slight problem. The 9/16 bolts (4 of them). The two top ones are easy to unscrew using a wrench. The bottom two are really tight and can't seem to loosen them. Would it be appropriate to use spray WD-40 overnight and try again in the morning?PB4-60 Bolts.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use Kroil to loosen stick bolts. Never let me down yet. soak the bolt head it it and let it soak in for a while.

If you have a combination wrench, you can put the box end on the bolt and interlock the box end of another combination wrench with the open end of the first wrench, gives you twice the leverage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.