Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump

PaulCap

Jun 15, 2020
Clemmons, NC
I have a Polaris PB4-60 booster pump, just a year old. I connected my Polaris 280 cleaner to the dedicated pool line to run it but after turning on the booster pump, within 15 seconds the booster pump cuts off. I disconnected the cleaner, went back to the booster pump , turned it on and the booster pump runs no problem. Tried it all again the next day and same issue, after 15 seconds the booster pump cuts off. Wait an hour and disconnect the cleaner and booster pump runs.

Is it an issue with the cleaner? The Polaris 280 cleaner is original at 13 years old, but I want to be sure before I shell out $500 for a new 280 cleaner.

Thought?

Thx,

Paul

Welcome to TFP.

Have you looked at the hose and cleaner for any blockage? You see any water flow out of the 280 when the pump runs for the 15 seconds?

You can rebuild the 280 for half the cost of a new one...

I would not buy a new 280. Look at the Quattro Sport if you want a new cleaner...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.