Polaris LA01N Booster Pump not boosting - Solved

JWieler

Nov 29, 2019
California
Hello,
Posting to help others who may encounter this problem with their Polaris LA01N booster pump. My Polaris 280 cleaner had spotty reliability over the summer (California) and stopped working in the fall. I had rebuilt the robot at the beginning of the summer so I figured it wasn't the robot. I unplugged the robot supply hose from the pool wall and there was barely any flow pressure. The booster pump would turn on, no noise and no leaks, just no flow but a lot of small bubbles. I installed a new impeller (Amazon, ~$25), but that didn't help. Then I noticed the supply hose had a 180 degree turn and looked like it might be crimped. I replaced the hose (Amazon, ~$30) and now it works perfectly. The hose must have been collapsing under the suction (and pulling in air, thus the bubbles) and starving the pump. It actually runs much quieter now too.
Hope this saves someone some time and expense.
cheers
James

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.