Polaris customer service

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Anybody had any recent contact with Polaris (Fluidra)? I need to get a replacement frame for my Polaris 380. Local dealer says I have to go through the manufacturer but I've tried calling and e-mailing over the last 2 months but they don't answer.

They used to be very responsive and helpful but not any more, I guess(?)

The pool equipment business used to be mostly small service oriented companies.

Now the small companies have been rolled into Fluidra, Hayward, or Pentair and the customer support is not the same.

We are now in a world of high cost and low service.

Well, I was finally able to get through to Fluidra and guess what....... They told me the Polaris 380 is discontinued and no parts are available any longer for it ("It's an old unit... what do you expect?").

So, a word to the wise - DON'T BUY A LEFT OVER POLARIS 380 POOL CLEANER AT ANY PRICE!

In fact, based on my experience with Fluidra customer "service", I'd stay away from any of their products.

• Wow
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Well, I was finally able to get through to Fluidra and guess what....... They told me the Polaris 380 is discontinued and no parts are available any longer for it ("It's an old unit... what do you expect?").

So, a word to the wise - DON'T BUY A LEFT OVER POLARIS 380 POOL CLEANER AT ANY PRICE!

In fact, based on my experience with Fluidra customer "service", I'd stay away from any of their products.

Interesting that it is still listed on their website....

A year ago I was talking with a pool service tech that was working on a neighbors pool. I mentioned, I needed to replace the bottom of my 280 pool cleaner due to wear. He said he had several and would give me one (which he did). Seems the pool techs take old cleaner units from customers who buy new cleaners and use the old one for parts to repair other customer cleaners. So the moral of the story - look for a pool tech in the neighborhood and ask him if he has an old 380 that he may give or sell cheaply to you the part you need.

I think everyone just wants Maytronics to build their cruddy robots for them so they can sell customers a new cleaner every 5 years and get away from all the spare parts inventory management and servicing 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: jark87 and HermanTX
Product status - NOT OBSOLETE

sick monty python GIF

Reactions: jark87 and JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’d buy another 380 without hesitation. Mine is in it’s 16th year and still going strong - no repairs to the cleaner at all and it lives in the pool 24/7. I thought it had died a couple of weeks ago, but the culprit was the pressure relief valve that is part of the wall coupling. $20 and back in business!

Reactions: HermanTX
Even if the 380 is discontinued, I would think there are plenty of parts out in the supply chain. Sure, you might have to look a bit, but selling parts to fix the 380 seemed to be built into their business model. Maybe I wouldn't buy a new one, but I wouldn't worry too much about the one I have (if I had one).

I need to get a replacement frame for my Polaris 380. Local dealer says I have to go through the manufacturer but I've tried calling and e-mailing over the last 2 months but they don't answer.

There are some spare parts available in the distribution network, but no frames (manufacturer-only supplied replacement) because "the product is discontinued". What can I say - that's what Polaris said.

A quick follow up to this post. I finally called a large (really large) local pool service company and asked them if they could get a frame for my 380 from Polaris/Jandy (Fluidra). "Sure, no problem", they said. They had it within a week!

So, it appears that Fluidra and the local/online retailers just aren't interested in customer service while a service company...........

Just in case anyone runs into this same issue.

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
So, it appears that Fluidra and the local/online retailers just aren't interested in customer service while a service company...........

Fluidra does not view you as their customers. The Pool Builders are their customers.

Customer service in the entire pool equipment industry has gone down the toilet. They’ve all consolidated to the point where they simply don’t want to deal with the end user. They only want to deal with the big builders or large retailers and wholesale distributors. The individual pool owner is nothing to them but an aggregate sales number every quarter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.