Polaris 9450 broken cable wire

Drew80

Feb 26, 2013
Austin, TX
I've had this robot for just over two years (just past warranty - yay!). It was in the shop for an Error 10 back in March, and now it's doing it again. I took it apart and tested continuity on the cord - the middle pin inside the motor housing isn't beeping, so there we go.

I notice that the cord has a number of chew marks on it from a raccoon or possum. The sheathing is pretty stout on this cord, so I'd be surprised if they chewed through a wire, but I guess it's possible. I wonder how sturdy the swivel is too - it seems like that could be a source of issues.

Anyone have any luck repairing one of these things? I'd rather not shell out $300 every year for a new cord.

Last edited:
There are various threads about problems with the Polaris robot cables that you might want to browse through.

Yeah, I searched before I posted. I see a lot of talk about problems and plenty of talk of replacing cords, but I don't see any talk of repairing one. I'm going to give it a go with a soldering iron and marine shrink tubing tomorrow. I'll probably just remove the swivel since it seems to be pretty wonky.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.