Polaris 9350

Thanks Njaneer. You seem quite knowledgeable about these Polaris units. Do you work for Polaris?

Also, how does that 9650iQ update both the Control Box and Robot Cleaner firmware if connected to internet via iAquaLink mobile app?

Thanks Njaneer. You seem quite knowledgeable about these Polaris units. Do you work for Polaris?

Also, how does that 9650iQ update both the Control Box and Robot Cleaner firmware if connected to internet via iAquaLink mobile app?

Yes, I do work for Zodiac/Polaris.

Any updates are OTA (Over-The-Air) via your WiFI Router to the control box on the caddy. iAqualink updates likely, since we are always improving it.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Yes, I do work for Zodiac/Polaris.

Any updates are OTA (Over-The-Air) via your WiFI Router to the control box on the caddy. iAqualink updates likely, since we are always improving it.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Are these automatic or can I initiate a download of new software?

Any updates to the iAqualink app should be automatic or you should get a notification on your phone.

I'll have to ask if the actual robot get's firmware updates, I do not know for sure on this question?

Am eager to see what the next update of iAquaLink will include. Seems the myDolphin app includes push notifications, probably the most requested feature in the reviews I’ve read. Would be nice to have a clean bottom-only cleaning cycle too.

Yes, please let us know whether the controller pulls down OTA firmware updates for the robot cleaner itself and updates the robot’s firmware.

Am eager to see what the next update of iAquaLink will include. Seems the myDolphin app includes push notifications, probably the most requested feature in the reviews I’ve read. Would be nice to have a clean bottom-only cleaning cycle too.

Yes, please let us know whether the controller pulls down OTA firmware updates for the robot cleaner itself and updates the robot’s firmware.

I'll check and report back on the updates.

I expect iAqualink to grow in feature set, I'll pass along any requests to the proper people for review.

Any updates to the iAqualink app should be automatic or you should get a notification on your phone.

I'll have to ask if the actual robot get's firmware updates, I do not know for sure on this question?

Ah ok I misunderstood I thought you were saying the actual robot got firmware updates. I didn't think they did that. Pool equipment is largely very archaic with no thoughts to any update mechanism for the firmware from the manufacturer. My iAqualink software auto-updates when new versions are released of course.

Ah ok I misunderstood I thought you were saying the actual robot got firmware updates. I didn't think they did that. Pool equipment is largely very archaic with no thoughts to any update mechanism for the firmware from the manufacturer. My iAqualink software auto-updates when new versions are released of course.

Just confirmed, robot firmware is not updated, just the app receives updates.

The new iAqualink Infinity system has OTA firmware updates, so I would expect future releases will likely go this direction since products are becoming more connected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.