Polaris 8050 getting stuck on drains...

Jul 4, 2017
Pt Pleasant/NJ
Anyone else have this issue?

My 9500 bit the dust earlier in the year, so I ended up getting a Polaris 8050 to hold me over after Leslie said it would be a good alternative for my pool. Long story short, this thing keeps getting stuck on the raised drains in the pool. Never had that problem with the 9500.

Anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise I'll be looking for a new unit heading into next year.

Of course I can't find what I am looking for but....................there is a cover that is a lot flater that helps cleaners with this problem. I will keep looking for it! See if you can find it. It is bigger than the normal cover and looks almost flat.

Thanks for that... I went to my local store and they said they don't carry the flat ones anymore because of safety and code issues.

I have a Hayward Dome looking one now that it just crazy high and is causing the issues. I'll look around too. Thanks for the help.

I like the blue color but it's not the same blue as my pool. Don't they make some kind of clip things you can put on a cover? We used to have a nice flat cover but when they replaced the liner, they replaced it with the new style kind. My Polaris 9550 has no problem getting over the drain. However, it got stuck once between the wall and the drain when it was coming back down the wall from cleaning the waterline.

I found the clips and it has a video. I don't understand how it would prevent the cleaner from getting stuck though: Main Drain Clips

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.